How many miles *you* got?

zen_kick

I am curious who has the highest mileage V11 on this forum? I think there are two classes for this query - "pre-any-rebuild" and "Unlimited". I've tipped 2700 mi on my 04 Ballabio this week - a mere infant in comparison I am sure - although I started with 200 in May so it's not a bad showing for the summer so far.

How many miles are on your V11?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy!

So far I've covered 21.000 kms in three years, so that leaves me out of the competition.... :huh2:

Total kms: 21.000 (approx. 13.000 miles)

Years of riding it: 3

Bought brand new in 2004

Repairs: Wrinkle finish paint covered under warranty, tranny sprawl replaced under warranty as well. Otherwise only minor electrical gremlins (blowing fuses like hell at a time etc.)

Ciao

Søren

I've got 21,600 miles on mine, but it had 9k when I bought it so only 12k or so are my doing. :huh2:

Got a few long trips on the horizon yet this summer. :mg:

Good tweaks to the question:

Total miles on your V11

Years you have ridden it

Miles on the clock when you acquired it

Any major rebuilds/repairs and approximate mileage at the time?

now on the clock 46000km

she's from 2001

I bought her 3years ago with 30000km.

gremlins : relais

rear wheel bearings

I thaught about selling her last week, someone offered me a really nice price, but then what? don't like the new models, and the 1100sport-series, which I do like, are not so reliable. so i'll keep her.

Mileage: about 7k miles when I bought it in '06, about 14k miles now.

Failures (not counting regular maintenance parts like battery, tires, brake pads, etc): neutral switch & voltage regulator, both around 12k miles.

Replaced parts for added performance, reliability, or aesthetics: relays, engine paint, exhaust crossover, fork springs, headlight harness.

:mg:

edit: shifter spring failure at 15k miles

My Ballabio had just 2300 miles showing when I bought it in September. The ride home added 1300 miles, she's now showing just under 8000. Shock seals failed at 6000 miles but other than a couple of dirty electrical connections no other problems (touch wood!) I'm hoping to top 10,000 by the end of September (Dutch meeting then down to Mandello) :mg:

I really don't know how many miles I've done. I went through 4 speedo cables in the first year- and I did a tour of Wales, lap of Ireland, a 3 week European tour, plus many rides to work, leisure trips and rallies without a working speedo before I got it fixed.

The revised speedo arrangement (I retrofitted the old 2 piece cable) has been fine until this year when the speedo jammed in Switzerland, near the start of another 2 week European jaunt.

Its currently stuck on 11703- real mileage :huh2:

The bike is in disgrace in several bits in my garage, waiting for a fresh wind of enthusiasm from me. I've just booked time off work to do the Morini Club trackday in September, so I need to get my arse in gear and fix its niggles.

Guy :helmet:

Bought new, now 7 years old with 49,640 miles.

Nothing major after the broken gear case and gearbox replacement. Tranny seals, instruments, wheel bearing, lots of electrical modifications to head off the 'lektric gremlins . . . :thing:

None on my V11 yet but I've well over a million miles on Guzzis in the last 30 years and apart from when I've fallen off and broken something needed to ride the bike I've never had one fail to get me home which is more than I can say for ANY of the Japanese bikes I've owned which used to shed parts like confetti and/or roast their charging systems on an almost weekly basis! We won't even start on BMW's, (Snigger!).

Remember for every person with a horror story there will be half a dozen or more riding around without a care in the world!

Pete

A mere 2500 mi gap between the two leaders so far with two bikes right around halfway to a century. Don't let the long-record holders dissuade you - even if you can't match those numbers - how many miles are on your V11?

Mines an '02 that I bought in '04 with 600 mi on it. Just got back form a 6 week trip up and down the west coast now its sitting just over 18000 mi.

Mods and fixs: the tranny spring, new seals in the bevel housing, new battery (thank dad), fuses, body work, fairing sub frame, "GUZZI" valve cover, Quat-D muffler, oil cooler mount, crankcase breather line, new stearing, handle bars, grips and both rims streighten.

Most of thats from the crash this year. :blush:

02 bought in 04 w/ 6Kmi

32K now...2 weeks it will be 35K

Wheel rear bearing went this spring.

Still on orig. shift spring. (spare in the tank bag)

Changed relays to GEI early on.

Sachs went south ...nursed it for a while till I got a Wilbers & fork springs.....mmmmm Do it.

Just fixed the kick stand loopy thing.

Blew off TB boot a couple of times.

Set the TBs by ear 25K ago...running spot on.

40mpg+ Valves @ world specs

Heading for Newfoundland Friday a.m.

Moose, bears and wide smooth roads with no mounties....

Yahoooooooooeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

:race::race::race::mg:

Bought the BillyBob with 7500 in March. Currently has 14,000. So far, more fun than any bike has any right to be. :lol:

We are also heading North (East?) to Nova Scotia. We've been there by our sailboat, but never driven and truly explored it. Can't wait. Leaving next Wednesday.