Moto Guzzi Monza

Orson

So, I got a copy of SoloMoto, the Spanish motorcycle magazine...

They were talking about 2008 models and talked about the expected Moto Guzzi Stelvio...

but they also mentioned, "We still await a new Moto Guzzi sport model named the "Monza" after the 500cc Moto Guzzi model of the 1980s".

They know something we don't know? :huh:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest goffredo

So, I got a copy of SoloMoto, the Spanish motorcycle magazine...

They were talking about 2008 models and talked about the expected Moto Guzzi Stelvio...

but they also mentioned, "We still await a new Moto Guzzi sport model named the "Monza" after the 500cc Moto Guzzi model of the 1980s".

They know something we don't know? :huh:

Imagine a 1200 Sport with the new 4V engine. Half fairing, different tail, aggressive look (but the same Breva tank). Definetely more a sport tourer (such as the V11 Le Mans) rather than supersport.

This message will self destroy in 9, 8, 7.... ;)

G.

Agree to that, it would be nice if MG launched such a model.

With all due respect to the 1200 Sport I still feel there's a gap that needs to be filled out after they ditched the V11. The greenie could do that trick....

Søren

Imagine a 1200 Sport with the new 4V engine. Half fairing, different tail, aggressive look (but the same Breva tank). Definetely more a sport tourer (such as the V11 Le Mans) rather than supersport.

This message will self destroy in 9, 8, 7.... ;)

G.

I hope you're wrong about the Breva tank Goffredo. IMO the Breva tank is seriously ugly with those dumb chrome bumpers. The rest of your Monza description sounds great to me :)

A french bike webmagazine (motostation) has relayed the same info about the 1200 sport benefiting from the new 8V engine later in the year (meaning next year in Guzzi language ;-))

From a technical point of view, would it be difficult to fit the new engine in the MGS ? Just curious...

From a technical point of view, would it be difficult to fit the new engine in the MGS ? Just curious...

Two things I can think of:

1. front engine cover has to be old style with alternator in front, I don't know if the crank has to changed for that.

2. the two chain tunnels might be where the spine frame is, i don't know how close it is there, might be no problem.

3. get me such an engine, I will build it in a daytona RS, so we know

Thanks for the answer Paul.

As for your point n°3, I have no doubt that you would succeed in that enterprise !

Two things I can think of:

1. front engine cover has to be old style with alternator in front, I don't know if the crank has to changed for that.

2. the two chain tunnels might be where the spine frame is, i don't know how close it is there, might be no problem.

3. get me such an engine, I will build it in a daytona RS, so we know

.. do we need to say something about this proto? <_>

Let's start with the 'color"! It is not even "British Racing Green" :stupid:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_racing_green

RGB: (0, 66, 37)

RGB: (0, 51, 0)

RGB: (2, 28, 19)

RGB: (12, 25, 17)

RGB: (27, 77, 62)

Too bad the Monza picture disappeared.

On the Tenni I show an overall lighter color with more red that neutralizes the green.

The RGB numbers are around

R80, G100, B80

lighting of course throws the readings off.

Some readings on a V8 Guzzi show something more like

100, 130, 100

Some readings on a V7 Sport

about 100, 130, 5

For more accurate numbers you would have to get all the bikes under the same lighting