Moto Guzzi Monza

Orson

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The silencer looks great.

The text from the website translates as follows:

There is the thing that even this muffler connects upward and be ね that is formation of.

I borrowed the thing that was contributed in the Guzzi site which there are the photographs of 2 sheets of ※. Although this thinks that be a remarkable scoop there was not a イマイチ echo

It can not be how although it is readily fashionable 容 and ー? 《主語なし》Installation 1200/4 valves of glee Soviet of the top a remarkable price with/ it will run structure because it looks fairly light. Is the naming 1200TTR?

Real guzzi lovers there:

how to make an alu guzzi swingarm

http://itsyokohama.web.fc2.com/guz/gu_swi.htm

http://itsyokohama.web.fc2.com/Guzziindex2.htm

http://itsyokohama.web.fc2.com/Guzziindex.htm

And he vistits my website to get inspiration, my pictures al over the place :-)

Guest goffredo

I hope you're wrong about the Breva tank Goffredo. IMO the Breva tank is seriously ugly with those dumb chrome bumpers. The rest of your Monza description sounds great to me :)

No problemo: the chrome bumpers are not part of the tank, there will be an half fairing instead.

Regarding the picture of the green sport bike: that was a moke up presented by Marabese Design to Ivano Beggio, four years ago more or less. Once they had the frame+engine of the Breva ready, they wanted to show the boss how you could easily develop a sporty bike too. The idea was not well received. Some said the reason was that some key managements at Aprilia said that it would have been so much more beautiful than the RSV and they did not want internal competition among the brands; but that might be just an urban legend. Anyway, hopefully we will see glimpses of that bike in the new Monza. The TTR was so much better seen live than in those pictures.

Oh, by the way, please please please stop propagating the Aprilia mistake: Yes they did produced an olive green V11 and they dared to call it Tenni but that green has nothing to do with Tenni nor with the lighter Legnano green of the sport Guzzis of the fifties. It is an Aprilia marketing coup, definetely not something we want to cherish. Saying Tenni Green is like saying Lomas Yellow or Le Mans Brown. :P

G.

PS: how to improve the layout of the Breva tank bumpers:

breva-goffredo-imbersago.jpg

:mg:

So, the Monza Biesel posted is very close to the color of the V11 LeMans Tenni.

Tenni Green???? I suppose that is more to argue about :(

The Monza picture from the Japanese site is kind of close to British Racing Green, but appears to be metallic with a satin finish.

Wikipedia used this sample photo of a Lotus in BRG, but it reflects the green of the grass and colors of the sky.

Westfield11rear.jpg

The RGB numbers are all over the place and could easily be interchanged with some of the Guzzi numbers. So, I give up trying to use photoshop data.

We need machines in the same light taken from the same camera for a good comparison.

And even then Guzzi might never release it in green.

what does brg have to do with guzzi? Yes they had green on racebakes in the past. But very different. And not the metalic as seen now, on for instance the millepercento bikes.

In the Monza photos from the Japanese site, Guzzi appeared to be getting away from the Guzzi Racing and V11Tenni green headed towards a less red, more blue green, which is more reminiscent of British Racing Green, but with metallic.

When I saw the photos, I thought immediately of a Green Triumph Sprint:

sprint.jpg

Still it is a different color.

The bike in question is Japanese digital tomfoolery, a ruse. The color is not Tenni green, either. It is darker, less satin, and more olive in shade than the Tenni.

Carl Allison posted that picture on WG months ago and they picked it apart.

No, Olive green is R-128 G-128 B-0

The Tenni is much closer to olive Green than the Monza TT in those two images, that look pretty real to me.

Care to point out the evidence of digital tomfoolery?

Sheesh........... :( , all this talk about British Racing Green, which in itself is a very nice colour, ...looks stunning on old Lotus race cars and some Jags etc. l think it looks iffy on the Triumph Sprint but thats just me....) and making a comparison with that MOST beautiful of ALL greens, the one that adorns the :sun: Tenni's :wub:

:D:D

:bier:

Cheers

van