Need advice on parting out low mileage 02 Lemans

guzzi jon

My previously perfect, pristine low mileage now crashed 02 Lemans is soon to be released as evidence. everything but the front end and front plastic is good to go. Any suggestions on how I should carve it up? ie, what should go with the motor, etc. Do I include the F/I with the motor, do I include the PCIII with the ECU, should I sell the bevel box with other bits? I have a few folks that have asked for bits, but I dont want to tear it apart farther than necessary or cause folks problems if they need entire systems. Any feedback is appreciated. Sorry if this is mis-posted and should be in the for sale column.

Thanks for your time

Thats really your call, however having done this in the past with different machines the engine usually stays intact sold as a running unit. ECU and the like could go either way depending on the reponse you get. Maybe publish a list of pieces , condition and possible prices to post on this board and others and tear it down accordingly. You could also look at some salvage sites like reboot guzzi spares to see his lists. I usually sell on ebay and end up with a few bits and pieces left over Good luck!

http://www.rebootguzzispares.com/index.htm...frame.htm&2

Hal

Thanks for the info.... I'll do a bit more research

Regarding the airbox, I have a nicely modded airbox that has a series of increasing larger holes on the tops and sides, but still get the flow from the snorkels. I believe this airbox mod is superior to the various open box filter clamps or mods to the boxes. It maximises cold air intake and still gets the cool pressurised air from the snorkels, it is cool. We have a number of engineers at our company and they gave me their input as I was modifying it, the results demonstrate they were correct. As soon as it is released, I'll ping you to arrange sending it your way.

Cheers

Hi John,

Sorry to hear about your bike, would you have a LH bar switch cluster to part out or was it damaged ? I am after one with the light switch as mine has busted and I have had to just put a cover over the switch slot ? I am more than happy to pay postage to OZ !

The fairing mount is mangled on the bike, as are the instruments. I'll be putting together a list of all the perfect condition parts in the next week. I expect it to be released as evidence in February and then I'll need to clear some room. I've just purchased an older SP and am negotiating on a nice Centauro right now.... My wife is not very happy with me....

• 1 month later...
My previously perfect, pristine low mileage now crashed 02 Lemans is soon to be released as evidence. everything but the front end and front plastic is good to go. Any suggestions on how I should carve it up? ie, what should go with the motor, etc. Do I include the F/I with the motor, do I include the PCIII with the ECU, should I sell the bevel box with other bits? I have a few folks that have asked for bits, but I dont want to tear it apart farther than necessary or cause folks problems if they need entire systems. Any feedback is appreciated. Sorry if this is mis-posted and should be in the for sale column.

Thanks for your time

Color???

The fairing mount is mangled on the bike, as are the instruments. I'll be putting together a list of all the perfect condition parts in the next week. I expect it to be released as evidence in February and then I'll need to clear some room. I've just purchased an older SP and am negotiating on a nice Centauro right now.... My wife is not very happy with me....

:nerd:

Sorry to hear you're parting it out.

How's the list coming along?

Thanks for your time

As someone else pointed out, the engine, if running/undamaged, will usually sell for more as a complete unit. The ECU is usually sold separate, as is a PCIII. Any other bits are usually onesy-twosey...

Sorry about your mishap, but you'll probably make a lot of friends by the time you're done!

:thumbsup: