Wow, Hopkins has just paid a huge dividend for Kawasaki. Check this out:

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/motogp_new...p;news_id=21918

Monster drink - Hopkins personal sponsor last year, is stepping up to be the premier sponsor for Kawasaki Moto GP effort.

Hopper had a nice round of testing at Se[pang as well - 5th fastest on day 3. Nice to see N icky at the top of the time sheet. Another good year coming up.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see N icky at the top of the time sheet. Another good year coming up.

it's nice to see there seems to be a roll over at the front. The newbies are fast, Toseland impresses, the confirmed riders who have change teams seem happy with their decision, Rossi hasn't invented any new excuse yet, Colin is fast :)

Stoner, as usual, has ridden only what was needed to get what he wanted: he's bleedingly fast on race tyres already.

Only dark spot is Melandri who seems to develop the Capirex-On-The-GP7 syndrome. Hopefully he'll dial in and show everyone how good he truly is. But that Ducati is a beast to tame...

My take on the coming season is that, if Honda doesn't bounce back with smoke coming out of their ears and all guns blazing, it's a sure sign that, Soichiro has in fact died, and corporate Honda's interests lie elsewhere (i.e. car manufacturing and/or lear jets).

^_^

My take on the coming season is that, if Honda doesn't bounce back with smoke coming out of their ears and all guns blazing, it's a sure sign that, Soichiro has in fact died, and corporate Honda's interests lie elsewhere (i.e. car manufacturing and/or lear jets).

Looks like you are right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soichiro_Honda

I wonder whether Honda have the same focus. They have done some strange things with their cars too, resulting in a loss of customers. I can't understand the philosophy with the FireBlade - it was conceived as a hardcore sportsbike, but has been softened every year and now its just another litre roadbike, and Honda have plenty of those already. Don't get it. Now Ducati - there's focus and commitment for you, whatever you might think of the bikes.

I can't understand the philosophy with the FireBlade - it was conceived as a hardcore sportsbike, but has been softened every year and now its just another litre roadbike, and Honda have plenty of those already.

The Fireblade was WSBK winner last year, with Toseland. And its street version runs among all the other in sportbikes tests.

But I see what you mean about Honda loosing some of its focus. It's been taken off guard by Ducati, really. No one expected Bologna to come up with a bike that good in 800cc. They went for a screamer, and it took anyone by surprise. Mind you, their 990 was so good that it prompted Honda to gently ask for a cc reduction to 800cc for "safety reasons" ;)

Does anybody knows more news about the KTM engine in the WSB?

from what I know, KTM will enter in 1000 Stock, but not yet in WSBK

Team KTM Maehr Superstock: Mahr Rene, Pauli Pekkanen

Phillip Island Test

Stoner 1.28.777

Hayden 1.29.734

Toseland 1.29.754

Dovizioso 1.29.780

Edwards 1.29.795

Vermeulen 1.30.216

I'm not getting too excited about Toseland 'cos he's in learning mode and I don't think the Yam will be as quick as the Hondas and Dukes, but its good to see him up there and faster than his team mate, Colin Edwards who has a lot more experience on the bike and tyres.

I'd be chuffed to see JT win just one race this year- he has the talent for sure, and I reckon some the other riders may under estimate him 'cos he's new.

Can't see anyone beating Casey for the title again unless he gets injured.

Qatar is next month!

Now Ducati - there's focus and commitment for you, whatever you might think of the bikes.

The Ducati build quality and reliability is now up there with Honda, but of course with added soul!

Sales are healthy after a steady decline, mainly down to the strong model range i.e. Hypermotard, 1098, Sport Classics etc.

I don't like the style of the new Monster though- that now looks like a Jap clone of a Ducati!

Phillip Island Test

Stoner 1.28.777

Hayden 1.29.734

Toseland 1.29.754

Dovizioso 1.29.780

Edwards 1.29.795

Vermeulen 1.30.216

Whoa! Stoner a full second faster than the next best. He's flying!

Qatar is next month!
Yee haw!
Ha! I am actually going to be there! I am a photographer and one of my clients is the company that lit the track..sooo...they are paying me to shoot the practice, qualifying and race! Long flights but hey, I am stoked.
Do you need any help? I'm available cheap - cost of the flight and a cheap room and I'm all in! I can hold yer' gear bag - lenses - whatever. Don't hesitate to ask. ;)
  • 2 weeks later...