Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans Sport Quat D Performance Exhaust

debidaph

... a race version and a road going version ?

....Ste ;)

I have one my own, I can tell you you can't speak of a race or even performance version. It just gives a great look and an interesting sound, that's it.

Anyway, performance is very acceptable up to 6000 rpm. Last year I was on the highway and couldn't push it over 180 km/h - downhill!

The one on the picture looks either cut open or it is the catalyser hood. Belfast could know this. Maybe he's around?

Hubert

I have one my own, I can tell you you can't speak of a race or even performance version. It just gives a great look and an interesting sound, that's it.

Anyway, performance is very acceptable up to 6000 rpm. Last year I was on the highway and couldn't push it over 180 km/h - downhill!

The one on the picture looks either cut open or it is the catalyser hood. Belfast could know this. Maybe he's around?

Hubert

I'm around now.

On the 'Race' version there's not much baffling and so there is just an empty space under that top plate. If you buy it and it's the road version and you want the race, I guess you can 'clear it out' through here. I had the plate welded on as I found that the rivets work loose, the fibre sealing rope blows out and the whole contraption rattles like Pete Roper thinks Guzzis should rattle, but more. Plus the extra height of the plate and gasket means that the box won't fit to the bike without a bit of surgery.

I wouldn't call it deep throated, as in the ebay ad description, but I like it. There's a sound file on this old neglected page: plug in headphones or decent speakers.

bike500.jpg

I'm around now.

On the 'Race' version there's not much baffling and so there is just an empty space under that top plate. If you buy it and it's the road version and you want the race, I guess you can 'clear it out' through here. I had the plate welded on as I found that the rivets work loose, the fibre sealing rope blows out and the whole contraption rattles like Pete Roper thinks Guzzis should rattle, but more. Plus the extra height of the plate and gasket means that the box won't fit to the bike without a bit of surgery.

I wouldn't call it deep throated, as in the ebay ad description, but I like it. There's a sound file on this old neglected page: plug in headphones or decent speakers.

bike500.jpg

PRETTY bike BFG!!

The ebay Quat-D looks like the one I got a couple of years ago. My top plate had a cat attached (road version). I pulled it out, and made a new top plate. It does stay put with rivets, IF you use stainless steel and NOT aluminum ones. Welding is the way to go if you want a more permanent solution.

My experience has been that the "Performance" label really only applies to "visual performance" and mass reduction. These topics, and effects on engine performance, clearance, and fitment issues have been discussed at length in past threads.

Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans Sport Quat D Performance Exhaust, i am awere that there is 2 versions a race version and a road going version ?

does anyone know what one this is link below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...850557&rd=1

cheers

Ste ;)

Hello,

There is no road or track version. All versions were made for speed. You can use them where ever you want. The difference is in age. What you have in the linked picture is to my knowledge the newest version. I bought one a year ago. I checked my paperwork and no model number is listed. It's awsome, but be prepared to plug in some weird numbers into your power commander. They are pricey, but worth it I think. I'd bit on it if you want one.

Kurt

Rossopuro_Scarico_Quat_D_1.jpg

Rosso__2_sm.jpg

....My experience has been that the "Performance" label really only applies to "visual performance" and mass reduction. ...

I once asked to QD whether they sell any perfomance parts for the Ex-Box (outlet is much too restricted, means small) and they replied that there are no special parts available and that the Ex-Box was designed for better handling, not for best power. They sell a 2-2 for performance purposes.

Visual performance is hardly to beat, in deed :grin:

quatdgj6.jpg

Hubert

Hello,

There is no road or track version. All versions were made for speed. You can use them where ever you want. The difference is in age. What you have in the linked picture is to my knowledge the newest version. I bought one a year ago. I checked my paperwork and no model number is listed. It's awsome, but be prepared to plug in some weird numbers into your power commander. They are pricey, but worth it I think. I'd bit on it if you want one.

Kurt

No, there definitely were two models: one called 'Road' and one called 'Race'. I selected the Race. I suspect that none at all are made now, with the passing of the V.11. If that's the case, get one while you can.

I've no worries about the road performance. The thing goes fine. On any meets in Ireland / UK where I've had it on, it hasn't caused any real-life deficit in road performance compared to standard V.11s or MG Ti 'race' kits. None at all. Back me up someone!

We all know that fretting over esoteric performance fineries is the stuff of baloney and blarney.

Hmm that's the end of the Tech Topics Forum then

I've no worries about the road performance. The thing goes fine. On any meets in Ireland / UK where I've had it on, it hasn't caused any real-life deficit in road performance compared to standard V.11s or MG Ti 'race' kits. None at all. Back me up someone!

We all know that fretting over esoteric performance fineries is the stuff of baloney and blarney.

Hmm that's the end of the Tech Topics Forum then

Back-up: dyno testing my (custom mapped) system showed a very linear delivery and top end peak, identical to a performance (Ferrachi) 2-2 system. :bier: I won't mention the lower peak torque.

Not just Tech Topics: my understanding is that discussion of "esoteric performance fineries" is this Forum's raison d'etre. :lol:

Oh yeah: I remember that now. Thanks.

Ok, I'm off to fit a flickable timing gear relay. Should work a treat. That, and another elastic band.

I'll confirm that BFG's bike on the road did not seem hindered by the Quat D and it does sound nice- more like a muscle car than a V Twin motorcycle.

The Quat D probably does make less power and torque on paper, but V11s are comparitively slow and heavy so the odd couple of BHP here and there does not make much difference, and I am sure that the system will be lighter than stock.

Rider weight and ability probably makes more difference than the type of pipes fitted to the straight line speed of your V11.

Guy :helmet: