My first 330 miles on the V11

V11crazed

as for the vibration-if you can,t live with it, try johar foam gripps.about $15.

The bike came equipped with foam grips, which initially I thought I was a throwback to the 70's..... :lol: After my 3rd day on the bike, I think they just might stay... B)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found that ProGrip gel performed better than the OEM foam grips on my Sport 1100 for isolating my hands from the vibration.

I've mainly used ProGrip 699 on that bike over the past ten years.

You might give 'em a try.....

Hey gurl....

It's so great to hear someone "getting" the Guzzi "thing." Especially someone that

knows bikes. Yea...they handle different...and it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Once you find it's groove it's a mile wide ...just like the grin on your face when your

feeling that big locomotive spooling up after you grab a handful. It takes a second but it's

all about the anticipation and the shake rattle and roll. Get your ass in the right position and just

throttle through the corners. There's a lot of bikes that do a lot of things better by the numbers

but none are as exilierating or as much fun as far as I'm concerned.

Yea...you'll be happy with a new tire and you'll even be happier when you get the next rear

a size smaller in back.

Foam grips? * Ick! * (I think they tire your hands / fore arms)

I don't have a problem with vibrations. (I do lots of 4-500 mi days) My bars are full of bird shot and I keep my TBs happy. Again ...opinions....everyones got one.

Any way...It was great to read your first impressions. It put a smile on my face. It took me a year to let my Duc go. It only gets better and better. Plus you get to hang out with the great

people on this forum. I've seen people here help out other members like they were family.

And don't be complaining to us in New England about AZ. cloudy days...! :D

Congratulations, Have fun and be safe. :mg:

solo: front 2.2 (2.3) BAR (32psi) ; and 2.6 BAR (38psi) for the rear...

Pirelli; not Strada and not Corsa but simply Diablo

Metzeler; Z6, and definitely NOT M1!!!

With a hard front tyre the bike will go faster “down” and quickly responding.

Too hard rear the bike will go “wide” and too soft the bike will be “grippy’

Z6 front tyre is absolutely great in change direction, because his profile. I am 73 kg, and the ideal pressure is 2.3 bar. I would not go softer than 2.2 bar in the front.

Rear I would not go softer than 2.5 bar.

If the response of the bike is not satisfy you, try to move your ass more in the front and hit your bal… (euhmmm) some other thing, the tank. At this way you use better your body and have not too work that much steering the bike.

Remember, ride a V11 is also holding the bull by his horns…

BTW

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

The bike came equipped with foam grips, which initially I thought I was a throwback to the 70's..... :lol: After my 3rd day on the bike, I think they just might stay... B)

add heavier bar end weights if not equipped, set you about about $75-$100 but trust me, its welllll worth it, Manic Salamander makes a great set as does throttle meiser.

Hey gurl....

It's so great to hear someone "getting" the Guzzi "thing." Especially someone that

knows bikes. Yea...they handle different...and it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Once you find it's groove it's a mile wide ...just like the grin on your face when your

feeling that big locomotive spooling up after you grab a handful. It takes a second but it's

all about the anticipation and the shake rattle and roll. Get your ass in the right position and just

throttle through the corners. There's a lot of bikes that do a lot of things better by the numbers

but none are as exilierating or as much fun as far as I'm concerned.

Yea...you'll be happy with a new tire and you'll even be happier when you get the next rear

a size smaller in back.

Foam grips? * Ick! * (I think they tire your hands / fore arms)

I don't have a problem with vibrations. (I do lots of 4-500 mi days) My bars are full of bird shot and I keep my TBs happy. Again ...opinions....everyones got one.

Any way...It was great to read your first impressions. It put a smile on my face. It took me a year to let my Duc go. It only gets better and better. Plus you get to hang out with the great

people on this forum. I've seen people here help out other members like they were family.

And don't be complaining to us in New England about AZ. cloudy days...! :D

Congratulations, Have fun and be safe. :mg:

Hey dude, love your avatar....we should meet and ride someday, sure we would have a blast... :P I went out for another ride yesterday...about 120 miles...posting those pics tomorrow...yet again, another amazing day. I'm lovin the bike. The VFR might start rusting....new tires this week, no more rides until they are on..... <_>

add heavier bar end weights if not equipped, set you about about $75-$100 but trust me, its welllll worth it, Manic Salamander makes a great set as does throttle meiser.

I poured melted lead [make sure this is done outside/upwind] into the bars, and installed bar ends as well. It's finally solved. I could not have lived with it otherwise.

Steve

I poured melted lead [make sure this is done outside/upwind] into the bars, and installed bar ends as well. It's finally solved. I could not have lived with it otherwise.

Steve

packing it tight with large steel buckshot is safer, a LOT safer, if you really want the weight you coudl also go with a solid steel rod inside the bar just cut it to size, lead is very toxic so I'd also wear a mask and be upwind. Or just go with steel

I have found that ProGrip gel performed better than the OEM foam grips on my Sport 1100 for isolating my hands from the vibration.

I've mainly used ProGrip 699 on that bike over the past ten years.

You might give 'em a try.....

+1 on the ProGrips. They are great with summer gloves, much better feel than foam.

packing it tight with large steel buckshot is safer, a LOT safer, if you really want the weight you coudl also go with a solid steel rod inside the bar just cut it to size, lead is very toxic so I'd also wear a mask and be upwind. Or just go with steel

Steel rusts, lead doesn't. Packing a container tight w/ steel balls & not hermetically sealing it is a recipe for a split container... Lead isn't *that* toxic (at normal velocities encountered); just don't heat it indoors, have good ventilation, don't have any liquids nearby [a drop of water, sweat, whatever in molten lead explodes & sprays hot metal everywhere], don't eat/smoke while pouring/casting, and be sure to wash your hands when you're done. The Romans used lead cookingware, & it took them a generation or so to notice the madness/dementia and low reproductivity resulting from that. :nerd:

Just remember that environmental lead exposure is cumulative, so don't make a habit out of lead casting until you've had all the kids you're planning on... ;)

Steel rusts, lead doesn't. Packing a container tight w/ steel balls & not hermetically sealing it is a recipe for a split container... Lead isn't *that* toxic (at normal velocities encountered); just don't heat it indoors, have good ventilation, don't have any liquids nearby [a drop of water, sweat, whatever in molten lead explodes & sprays hot metal everywhere], don't eat/smoke while pouring/casting, and be sure to wash your hands when you're done. The Romans used lead cookingware, & it took them a generation or so to notice the madness/dementia and low reproductivity resulting from that. :nerd:

Just remember that environmental lead exposure is cumulative, so don't make a habit out of lead casting until you've had all the kids you're planning on... ;)

Thats very funny

I can confirm that I did not do any heavy breathing, in fact I waited days for a confirmed direction wind, did everything outside with the bars vised in a black & decker workmate. Left it to sit overnight.

Oh, and the lead, got the chunks for free from my local bike shop, cast off weights from previous tire balancing installations. They all have pounds of the stuff.

Ciao, Steve

P.S., I can confirm that I still produce great swimmers despite this dangerous procedure. :lol:

Ciao, Steve

Guest geno929

Congrats on the new V11 Sport in that fantastic color! The key to good handeling with the V11 is a 160 rear and proper tire pressures. I have Dunlop Qualifiers in 160 width and run at 36 - 38 psi. Also you will have to move a bit to get the most out of this bike. It kind of wiggles around in the corners. I feel it is frame flex. You being used to a VFR with a perimiter frame won't be used to the flexing of the V11. Good luck!

post-2386-1205406873_thumb.jpg

OK Gurl...it's a date!

Actually I'd love to ride with all the great people I've met on this site.

Roper for the laughs and lessons, Ratchet just to get a look @ him,(talk about an avatar!!)

Cheeks for the religion, Todd to go to school on, Greg for the soul,

Carl, Docc, Baldini, Dave, Joe, BFG, Antonio, Paul,Witch City,Skeeve,

Wasp, Japp of course, DeBen, Dan, Baldini, Henry, Rocker...

Now I'm afraid of leaving someone out...I'm sure I left lots out.

I get this way at the end of winter....and it is the end.

Yipeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Get that fresh rubber yet???