My first 330 miles on the V11

V11crazed

Ok...here we go again...maybe we'll pull it off this time.. :D

We got a little rendezvous in E. Ma. 3-30

MZ...my last inline was a 1000cbr..over 130hp, 170+mph out of the box. had a prertty fierce bark.

Really nutless compared to the Guzzi no matter what the numbers say.

I loved my CBR but ...well..you know...no comparison..Guzzi is just a more

motorcycly motorcycle. Shake, rattle and roll.

Lil' Eddie VanHalen plays much better than Chuck Berry but........who cares.

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing. :mg::D

Yea. Catskills are within easy striking distance...good roads too!

Keep me posted.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hal,

Definitely,I'll be on the road a lot in April/May so if I cant find time then, we'll do somethin in June.I'll post some ideas in the meetings section in a couple of weeks,Hoping to get some of the other NE guys to come,TomM,Ryland,falconlion,Weeg,etc.PS anyone not in the area thinking they would want to check out the Catskills,(stones throw from Woodstock)I have several bikes so I could set you up with a ride.$-euro is so good for U lucky EUers, would be a cheap flight to NY area just get yerself here and ya gotta place to crash er,ah,..sleep and a bike.

Ya Ouiji I'm with ya.I take Chuck any day over Eddie,black Vansons over fancy Dianese,and V11 ov'r CBR.Inlines are not my thing,smooth but bland(I own a CB919 as my beater)

Ive had three VFR's and they are awesome.They are not you dad's Honda.People who buy them are like Guzzi owners ,the numbers don't matter.They are way down on power to weight compared to all-out sport bikes.They put a great motor/comfortable/bullet-proof/sexy package together.They've won BOT many times in their class and no ordinary bike can say that.

The V-4 motor is a perfect design.Low grunt,and rumble of a V-twin at low RPM's and scream at higher ones.That's why in the WSB's of 80's,90's and now,in GP, the V-4's are ruling.

The throb of the motor is not unlike what pulling a string of pearls out of Scarlett Johansson :wub: mouth might sound like.Power everywhere, with character.Low maintenance, reliable.Once you ride one,you won't dismiss them.May not be for everyone,but I had a Harley friend over visiting and he took the ST1100 and loved it.This is from a guy who thinks the motorcycle world begins and ends with Harley,that's how infectious they are,not unlike a Guzzi in their charm,because they live outside the norm,kinda like a lot of us here.

Hey if we can hook-up this season maybe the Guzzi will down and you can check er out!

Michael

I had that exact VFR that you had pictured. I also owned a V65 Sabre back in the day, which had waaayyy more grunt than the VFR had. Truthfully, even though I did a cross country on the VFR, I found it rather bland. Personally, I also found it sounded more like a Chevy than a Ferrari. The performance numbers seem fairly similar to the V11, however I found I had to constantly shift the VFR to keep it in the sweet spot. I also think the V11 pulls nicer out of the corners.

The VFR sure was purty though. :)

I had that exact VFR that you had pictured. I also owned a V65 Sabre back in the day, which had waaayyy more grunt than the VFR had. Truthfully, even though I did a cross country on the VFR, I found it rather bland. Personally, I also found it sounded more like a Chevy than a Ferrari. The performance numbers seem fairly similar to the V11, however I found I had to constantly shift the VFR to keep it in the sweet spot. I also think the V11 pulls nicer out of the corners.

I had a V65 Sabre too WC. Great motor. Great bike for it's time too.

I really should hook up with some of you guys for a ride this year. Me & Ouiji traded a few emails last year but never managed to meet up. Hopefully I can make some time this year.

Sorry for the hijack V11crazed. I'll butt out now...

Yup,it's high-jacked,Sorry Nancy!

This is what happens at the social center of the virtual MG old cogers home! :oldgit:

Hope we can set it up Tom,my first street bike and only new one I ever owned, was a Magna VF700,yup great motor essentially a no-maintenance bike.Been hooked to the V-4 since.

Nice comparo of a Guzzi and VFR. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=g9-Wqmnykgk&...feature=related

Both 2-up,cool! :bier:

Stock exhaust on VFR,still sounds more Ferrarri-ish than big blocky.They do rumble nicely at idle but because they rev high ,their scream seems more Italian car-like to me ears.Unfortunately ,like a Guzzi,they really don't breathe in stock form.