My first 330 miles on the V11

V11crazed

Get that fresh rubber yet???

This is from a man that posted this! :huh:

Had my new tire shipped to my friends house...75mi away...because

he has a tire changer. I didn't get up there right away, put on a few hundred miles

around town...then a few more...ooooops!!

Now I just gotta figure out how the machine works. ..

post_1731_1178106859_thumb.jpg

DSC00143.JPG

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Gurl...it's a date!

Actually I'd love to ride with all the great people I've met on this site.

Roper for the laughs and lessons, Ratchet just to get a look @ him,(talk about an avatar!!)

Cheeks for the religion, Todd to go to school on, Greg for the soul,

Carl, Docc, Baldini, Dave, Joe, BFG, Antonio, Paul,Witch City,Skeeve,

Wasp, Japp of course, DeBen, Dan, Baldini, Henry, Rocker...

Now I'm afraid of leaving someone out...I'm sure I left lots out.

I get this way at the end of winter....and it is the end.

Yipeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

yahoo....the goggle-eyed man o my dreams..... :D Winter will be over soon my friend....

Rubber is on its way, then the bike shuffles off to the shop...speedo repair, anchor down those pipes...check a few small niggles out and then I'm back on the road...makes me happy to be a 2-bike owner...no downtime... :wub:

ciao, ciao....

This is from a man that posted this! :huh:

Had my new tire shipped to my friends house...75mi away...because

he has a tire changer. I didn't get up there right away, put on a few hundred miles

around town...then a few more...ooooops!!

Now I just gotta figure out how the machine works. ..

I hate to say, that's pretty much what my rear tire looked like after Monday's ride...Uggh! The left pipe rattled out the bolt attached to the passenger foot peg, then the right one blew as well. Vibration worse than a paint shaker, but highly addictive...gonna get it all sorted out, but the waiting sucks... <_>

Promised photos later today!

I hate to say, that's pretty much what my rear tire looked like after Monday's ride...Uggh! The left pipe rattled out the bolt attached to the passenger foot peg, then the right one blew as well. Vibration worse than a paint shaker, but highly addictive...gonna get it all sorted out, but the waiting sucks... <_>

Promised photos later today!

It should NOT be shaking like a paint shaker or a Harley. Do you know the service history on the bike? It may be time to adjust the valves and sync the throttle bodies. Both are real easy to do on a Guzzi...

Hey Nancy,

Hope you don't mind if I post this pic,

as this lot is long in the tooth :oldgit: and we best give em a gander before we loose any of em to old age, :D

Michael

gallery_10551_3429_484342.jpg

Hey Nancy,

Hope you don't mind if I post this pic,

as this lot is long in the tooth :oldgit: and we best give em a gander before we loose any of em to old age, :D

Michael

that's hilarious....that bike was one of the 2 that I was seriously looking at. Obviously, I bought the other...and here she is.... :lol:

mznyc

Yea...that's what happens to a new set of tires on a 4,500mi trip in July.

100 deg. temps and a constant 90 mph melts 'em quick.

They last a lot longer in the winter though.

Hey gurl...want to do some New England riding ? :D

(Toms right...a V11 really shouldn't shake awful...Definately a lot less than an HD)

Looks_Like_A_Victim.jpg

Actually I'd love to ride with all the great people I've met on this site.

Roper for the laughs and lessons, Ratchet just to get a look @ him,(talk about an avatar!!)

Cheeks for the religion, Todd to go to school on, Greg for the soul,

Carl, Docc, Baldini, Dave, Joe, BFG, Antonio, Paul,Witch City,Skeeve,

Wasp, Japp of course, DeBen, Dan, Baldini, Henry, Rocker...

Now I'm afraid of leaving someone out...I'm sure I left lots out.

I get this way at the end of winter....and it is the end.

I'd love to ride with you too Ouij. I've had the pleasure of riding with waspp, and Doug Danger and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I have to say the Guzzi community is the nicest bunch that I've ever ridden with in all my years of riding.

ok folks, here she is....this was my last ride till I get the new tire....a perfect Monday, nary a car on the road, 70 degrees. Enjoy..I sure did.... -_-

and oh, about the paint-shaking reference....you're all right, it's not that bad...I leaned to the side of exaggeration a bit. I think it's still from my bad habit of comparing the V11 to the VFR. The VFR tends to purr, the V11 tend to roar... ;)

guzzi3.jpg

Hmmm....someone's been bitten hard.

Beautiful bike. I'm very partial to the green with red frame Sports. The first Guzzi I ever drove was that same model and color.

Congratulations on your most excellent purchase. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

Ooh,it's very niiccce!!! :wub:

Love those greenies.always makes me want to have a margarita,..or two.On second thought,I pretty much want them anytime! :vomit:

You got some great roads out there ,spent about a week in Arizona whenI went X-country a few years ago on the ST1100,and loved it.Wish I had a lighter bike for the twisties tho ala the V11. :race:

Don't give up your VFR yet as you make the V11 your own,waiting on parts sometimes is a test of patience.Fortunatly we have several sources here that are sympathetic to our needs(addiction) as much as a volunteer at a methadone clinic.

The tech section is great for questions for maintanence and repairs.Lots a guys with a lot more nolige than me willing to help.

Now,all ya gotta do is get a Rich Maud seat,MPH risers,Mistral X-over pipe/cans,Guzzi CF fairing,Todd eagan PC3,etc,etc,etc,.....

Welcome to the family!keep chanting,Moto Guzzi,Moto Guzzi,Moto Guzzi ,enjoy!! :bier:

Ooo a mean greenie...the quintisential Guzzi sport. Destined to go down in history.

Congrats again.

Don't worry...in a couple of months an inline 4 will will seem pathetic to you.

No gusto. :)

WCB....

Yea...last year at this time I was all excited to get us New Englanders together for a good ride.

I failed miserably. The sun came out and the bike was ready for another season and .....you know....

The Yankee Beemers put on a good little rally toward the end of May.

Frosty Nuts. Jamaica Vt. There all frustrated Guzzistas and welcome the lost children of motorcycling.

The ride up and back is great and Ya wake up Sat. morning on the corner of rt. 100 and rt 30 in Vt. !!!!

Nothing to do but carve corners all day and hang around the camp fire drinking beer and talking bikes all night.

:homer: No brainer.

Ooo a mean greenie...the quintisential Guzzi sport. Destined to go down in history.

Congrats again.

Don't worry...in a couple of months an inline 4 will will seem pathetic to you.

No gusto. :)

WCB....

Yea...last year at this time I was all excited to get us New Englanders together for a good ride.

I failed miserably. The sun came out and the bike was ready for another season and .....you know....

The Yankee Beemers put on a good little rally toward the end of May.

Frosty Nuts. Jamaica Vt. There all frustrated Guzzistas and welcome the lost children of motorcycling.

The ride up and back is great and Ya wake up Sat. morning on the corner of rt. 100 and rt 30 in Vt. !!!!

Nothing to do but carve corners all day and hang around the camp fire drinking beer and talking bikes all night.

:homer: No brainer.

Hey Ouiji,

If you were talking about the VFR it's a V-4 with 100 HP/55lbs of torque and sound like a Ferrari when you twist the throttle,far from pathetic.TheV11's generally put out 80/65 with minor mods.

Two completely different animals but equally as fun! :race:

If you wern't talking bout the VFR, in the worlds of George W Bush about the Iraq war,"Oops my bad!"

I think my friend might have done that spring ride,Mark from Millbury Mass,I think he has an Eldo.He said it was a blast,great roads and good people.

I'm hoping to host a couple of 1-2 dayrs up here in the Catskills area this year,hope you can make it,

Michael :bier:

02_vfr_rear_side.jpg

02_vfr_rear.jpg

02_vfr_side.jpg

I'd love to ride with you too Ouij. I've had the pleasure of riding with waspp, and Doug Danger and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I have to say the Guzzi community is the nicest bunch that I've ever ridden with in all my years of riding.

My pleasure as well! We should probably start thinking of a spring or summer ride and meet somewhere in a central location for breakfast or lunch and take a ride. Maybe south central MA or northern CT, Ouiji Veck is south of that as well as some others. Don't mean to hijack the thread just puttin it out there.

Oh and by the way that Greenie is beautiful, (and I hate you for having nice weather :D :D )i'm always tempted to paint my RC that color but chicken out...someday!