Am I doing the right thing?

Dimitris

I see very little reason to add a PCIII without getting a custom map, after properly mapping your bike, it runs absolutley perfect, no downloaded map will ever give you the same quality. The map is made exactly for your bike and its variabilities.

Although I have not any experience, you must be absolutely right, that's why I plan in the future to make a custom map on a dyno.

Custom maps are only as good as the person making them. A custom map made buy someone who doesn't under stand the needs of Guzzis is no better and possibly worse then a map you piece together your self. Not saying don't get a custom map, just saying pick your mapper carefully.

Custom maps are only as good as the person making them. A custom map made buy someone who doesn't under stand the needs of Guzzis is no better and possibly worse then a map you piece together your self. Not saying don't get a custom map, just saying pick your mapper carefully.

Oh, this is a problem in the city I live. Unfortunately there isn't any known technician specialized on Guzzis as far as I know, here in Thessaloniki. In Athens there are some technicians who know how to service Guzzis but I doublt if they have experience in tuning/improving those bikes. I've heard of a man, here in Thessaloniki, who is specialized in tuning bikes through the PowerCommander. As far as I know he tunes many Ducatis. So he is my only chance of trying to make a custom map (apart from some good ready-made maps that RacerX gave me).

One thought is to go to Italy and have a tune there, but the cost would be too high and also free time will be needed....

I hope this "Ducati man" will be able to sense the needs of Guzzis......

The air/fuel ratio needs of a Guzzi(as far as the ratio goes) should not be too far off from the needs of air cooled Ducati's. Another important thing would be that they are willing to take the time to get it right. In my opinion a good tuner would run it on the dyno to get the map set up and then ride the bike in the real world to make sure there are no issues with ridability. Sounds simple enough but I have seen atleast a couple tuners who do not properly perform the second step. I would think the Ducati guy would be capable of doing your Guzzi.

Thank you GuzziMoto. Today I passed by the tuning shop but it was closed because it was late in the afternoon. But I have patience. :rolleyes:

Thank you GuzziMoto. Today I passed by the tuning shop but it was closed because it was late in the afternoon. But I have patience. :rolleyes:

Well done......Keep the faith!!!!!

I'll check out the Dyno tuning center in Athens,....and let you know if he knows .... Moto Guzzi!!!!

Well done......Keep the faith!!!!!

I'll check out the Dyno tuning center in Athens,....and let you know if he knows .... Moto Guzzi!!!!

Chris, it is a great idea! I would be very interested! If you find someone specialized in Guzzi tuning, then Athens! Here I come!

I will be waiting for further news!

Be well! :helmet: