Bent Oil Cooler Fins

OregonAl

I noticed a number of bent fins on the oiler cooler which is conveniently located right in the path of the front fender fling zone. Road debris is never going to go away so I wonder if anyone has come up with a readily usable radiator/cooler guard of some sort like that on some water cooled bikes?

Guest ratchethack

My Sport, and LM variants I've seen, have an "expanded metal" grille on the oil cooler that'll handily fend off just about anything that might be a threat. Are the Tenni's without this? :huh2:

My Sport, and every LM variant I've seen, has an "expanded metal" grille on the oil cooler that'll handily fend off just about anything that might be a threat. Are the Tenni's without this? :huh2:

mmm...My oil cooler certainly does not have a protective grill. Could I get a photo if anyone has one available? Better yet would be a part number if I need to order one.

Guest ratchethack

OK, now I'm gonna hafta retract my former statement. I haven't exactly been inspecting every V11 for it's oil cooler grille. It's possible I missed a few that may have been without one like mine. Quite a few, at that. :blush:

Greg? :huh2:

Better yet would be a part number if I need to order one.

01582630. I would ask for estimated delivery time before placing an order, to avoid getting it two years after selling the bike.

I have to mention my experiance...

Ordered one from Rosopure, didn't fit right. I forced it and it failed after a thousand miles...

Visited the local hardware store and purchased a length of rain gutter screen. Light expanded aluminum. Cut to fit and spray painted black. Problem solved for about $10.00....

I have to mention my experiance...

Ordered one from Rosopure, didn't fit right. I forced it and it failed after a thousand miles...

Visited the local hardware store and purchased a length of rain gutter screen. Light expanded aluminum. Cut to fit and spray painted black. Problem solved for about $10.00....

That sounds good Tracey, any pix? And how did you mount it on the cooler securely?

• 1 month later...
like this, is original on early types I think?

post-2495-1146153448.jpg

I've just bought one like this from Motomecca. Apparently it was standard on the Scura.... :huh2: