Moto Spezial Deep V Sump

jtucker

Try googling "billet oil cooler"

There are lots of options out there for Harleys that could be made to fit.

Most are in chrome, and some look like dildos, but you might find something nice in raw billet.

Round_billet_oil_cooler.JPG

The chrome will get covered with dirt, so don't be too thrown off by the blinding bling.

Or better yet, make something!

A piece of billet aluminum, brass or copper could be milled with course inefficient cooling fins and drilled for fittings and mounted down low to reduce or even eliminate the amount of hose.

Not a cheap solution, but neither is a V-Sump.

rbs190.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the sidestand problem. I have a v11 sidestand on my bike. With V sump. Yes it only mounts on the big screw, but that one holds it for 4 years now.

And to get an oilcooler on my bike, I just got some parts in, look at the picture.

And moto Spezial is still making parts, only not supplying all aftermarket and Guzziparts from others anymore. THe owner stripped it down to a one person operation.

DSC00273a.jpg

And moto Spezial is still making parts, only not supplying all aftermarket and Guzziparts from others anymore. THe owner stripped it down to a one person operation.

Ahh, thanks for the clarification Paul.

__Jason

I would not worry about it running too cool. The oil temp on mine hits 90C on a 40-degree F day with spitting rain in the 15 miles between my house and Moto Intl.

Good grief! That does surprise me! I've only got a temp guage on my SP and as soon as you get a light sprinkle of rain, even in really hot weather, the oil temp just plummets. Apart from the obvious issue of lean-ness I wonder what it is makes the V11's run so damn hot???

Pete

I don't know the sidestand problem. I have a v11 sidestand on my bike. With V sump. Yes it only mounts on the big screw, but that one holds it for 4 years now.

And to get an oilcooler on my bike, I just got some parts in, look at the picture.

I like pauls solution, tho I wish I had half his money and/or dedication to pull it off. The man can tinker :luigi:

I like pauls solution, tho I wish I had half his money and/or dedication to pull it off. The man can tinker :luigi:

I don't get it. :huh: I see oil cooler, filter and ??? Paul, could you explain a little more.

thx

well these were the parts, so I could take them to the shop to get the right banjos.

mounted it looks like this:

that looks how it should have come stock, or at least with a windage sheet to avoid oil starvation, I like pauls extermemly expensive over engineered approach, 60% of the time it works everytime :lol:

Ah. Aesthetics have never been my strong suit. If you'd ever met me you'd understand why. There are few people as ugly as me so anyone who meets me is so goggle eyed with horror looking at the sight I could have the most beautiful motorbike in the world and nobody would notice, even if they were retching on it!

Don't sell yourself short, Pete! They'll notice, it just won't stop them from :vomit: on it: it has more to do w/ how our values change based upon our circumstances. Ever notice how when you throw up, you just don't care much about anything else anymore? "I don't care about my $200 patent leather shooaARRRGHBlagh!oes...." But, to make up for it, we usually feel so much relief afterwards that we can look at these things much more philosophically "Gee, that sure was a pretty bike before I barfed on it...but I feel much better now!" :thumbsup:

:lol:

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to blow the dust off this thread for a moment...

I've been trying track one of these deep sumps down off and on for a few years now. But, I finally found one! Just arrived today from Teo Lamers :food:

a12166-1-7.jpg

Their site is showing 3 more in stock, so if anyone is interested: http://www.tlm.nl/magazijn/webshop/detail.html?aid=12166

I haven't laid eyes on it yet, but I just got an email from my mechanic who says it was delivered today. I had it sent to him because I might miss the package otherwise. Can't wait to lay hands on it... finally! :lol:

__Jason

Just wanted to blow the dust off this thread for a moment...

I've been trying track one of these deep sumps down off and on for a few years now. But, I finally found one! Just arrived today from Teo Lamers :food:

a12166-1-7.jpg

I haven't laid eyes on it yet, but I just got an email from my mechanic who says it was delivered today. I had it sent to him because I might miss the package otherwise. Can't wait to lay hands on it... finally! :lol:

__Jason

Cool! Now your bike will have a permanent chubby! All the girly Jap bikes will flee at the sight of it!

;)