***Photography Competition***

Guzzista_Joe

Hi guys, you may remember the photo competition we ran last year. It was a terrific competition and resulted in a truly stunning 2008 calendar. We have now started a new one forour 2009 calendar.

We learned one or two things last year and we have decided to start it now to take advantage of the summer so contestants will have more time to get snapping whilst engaged on their tours , holidays, at Guzzi events etc.

You may find full details here:

http://guzzista.wetpaint.com/page/Photography+Competition

Good luck and enjoy!

Joe

poster2.png

well Fuji still produce small number of FPC100 sheets but I am getting huge amounts of polaroids from ebay, safely storing them at home hoping they will last forevah :)...

Why do you use Polaroids? Cos of their particular qualities - grain/colour etc? I used to do a bit with the instant format & with 35mm polaroid & liked them also. Nice to hear someone using that stuff in the age of photoshop. KB :sun:

Why do you use Polaroids? Cos of their particular qualities - grain/colour etc? I used to do a bit with the instant format & with 35mm polaroid & liked them also. Nice to hear someone using that stuff in the age of photoshop. KB :sun:

Yes. Grain, colour, the feel it is unique :) I do not use only polaroids, I am, in my 21yrs age still user of classic b/w material, enlarging prints at home and all the nasty things :) I just love to touch agfa baryt papers...

I see Slavomir, like the image you posted shows, you can achieve quite dramatic results with a Polaroid. Where I used to work we used to get through thousands each week. The photograhers used to use the Polaoid to test the still they were shooting prior to naking the actual catalogue shot. Once they went fully digital they stopped using polaroids.

In reply to your earlier question, the reason the images have to be that size is due to the size of the calendar. Any smaller than 1200 x 1600 would be too small for the calendar page unfortunately.

:D

I see Slavomir, like the image you posted shows, you can achieve quite dramatic results with a Polaroid. Where I used to work we used to get through thousands each week. The photograhers used to use the Polaoid to test the still they were shooting prior to naking the actual catalogue shot. Once they went fully digital they stopped using polaroids.

In reply to your earlier question, the reason the images have to be that size is due to the size of the calendar. Any smaller than 1200 x 1600 would be too small for the calendar page unfortunately.

:D

yeah, I can imagine... blank white page with small print (7,5 x 7,5cm) in the center :)

I'll see what I can do :)

Does it have to be on the road?

imagine this but with the guzzi once the paint work is done and I have'r back together hopefully ASAP

6d419a0d.jpg

a907d368.jpg

f1ff09ac.jpg

db7ca213.jpg

f3bac239.jpg

8c3399a0.jpg

e7f975fb.jpg

and my personal favorite

73b3260c.jpg

just don't drink and ride, unless its Monster or N/A

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'll take one next to the grolsch just for Jaap next time

It would have been really awesome if we still had Guiness, Harp, Smithwicks(schmidtiks), Bass and Heineken (well and colt45, old style, and special ex) but the distributors had a big shake up 2 years ago and we tripled our area lost all those brands but gained rolling rock, land shark, grolsch and Monster Energy drinks(plus a lot of fancy waters borba, skinny, mountain spring hell I don't even know what most of it is called) Basically AB didn't want mixed brand(ie not their crap) distributors anymore and they own all the mentioned brands, too bad they now own Bass shortly after the shake up they got that from labats I think and we can't get that back till their contract is up with mark7(another local distributor), same for corona and modello