Anyone else notice

I've seen more crusty 70's and 80's Japanese bikes with Windjammers and what have you on the road this Spring than I have since the 80's. I recently had tires installed at a small independent shop and they said they are absolutely buried with repairs on bikes that are getting put back in service for the first time in many years. Gas prices have to be the cause (Captain Obvious here). Are you folks seeing the same thing where you live?

I've seen more crusty 70's and 80's Japanese bikes with Windjammers and what have you on the road this Spring than I have since the 80's. I recently had tires installed at a small independent shop and they said they are absolutely buried with repairs on bikes that are getting put back in service for the first time in many years. Gas prices have to be the cause (Captain Obvious here). Are you folks seeing the same thing where you live?

Yes and lots more riders with backpacks! obviously taking their bike to work.

Also, way too many bicyclists! Which is great but stay over to the right would you please! I'm tired of all those Lance Armstrong wanna-be's taking up the entire road

Either that or could they grow up and get a motorcycle :D

Yes and lots more riders with backpacks! obviously taking their bike to work.

Also, way too many bicyclists! Which is great but stay over to the right would you please! I'm tired of all those Lance Armstrong wanna-be's taking up the entire road

Either that or could they grow up and get a motorcycle :D

AMEN!

True story, I've seen some real relics around here and not too well preserved either. The other fuel related sighting is scooters of all makes and sizes are popping up. Two or three years ago they were almost never seen. A couple more years of this and it'll be like Rome. Only with less talent at the controls.

Oh yeah! I love it. Ride'em don't hide'em! I've even seen a few old 70's Yamaha DT enduros lately, which is great since most of those old 2-smokes were sh!tcanned years ago from abuse and "newer/better/faster" models pushing them out of the market, let alone the efforts of CARB to outlaw them.

Sales of scooters are shooting thru the roof too, which should be good for Piaggio USA, even if it doesn't do anything to boost their less-than-ideal Guzzi support...

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed in Seattle. Vetter fairings, guys with aviator glasses and what appear to be golfing gloves. They sit up on their bikes, very erect. Squarish inline motors, very wide, probably Honda or Yamaha -I cannot bear to look. I am not sure these bikes have real brakes.