V11 light alloy whells

Slavomir Musilek (R.I.P.)

Hellou there,

Just wonder, I know OZ Racing has been doing wheels for bikes in past but their production stopped for some reason, what are other possibilities?

Marvic?

Puma?

Is other wheels, for example RSV whells compatible? Front maybe, rear definatelly not but as someone showed here, fitting RSV wheel do Daytona is no-big-trouble...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellou there,

Just wonder, I know OZ Racing has been doing wheels for bikes in past but their production stopped for some reason, what are other possibilities?

Marvic?

Puma?

Is other wheels, for example RSV whells compatible? Front maybe, rear definatelly not but as someone showed here, fitting RSV wheel do Daytona is no-big-trouble...

I fitted Marvics this summer. The weight savings is big. If I recall it is 4 lbs on the front and about 8 lbs in the rear. I can check those numbers.

Dan,

Here you said they had not sent the cush

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...75&start=75

Did you ever get it?

Yes I finally got the cush in June. Not much cush to it though. It is an adaptor that plugs into the rubberized holes in the wheel. There is some give but not much.

I posted pics of the wheels before I mounted them here.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ost&id=8003

I'll put some up of them on the bike

Edit. If anyone orders these be sure to specify if you have an Ohlins or Marz fork. The front bearings are different. The importer did not tell me there were two part numbers to choose from and of course he ordered the wrong one. Rather than have further hassles returning it and waiting even more time I just bought bearings to fit and cut a new spacer

• 4 weeks later...

I just seen an ad for new wheels from a company named Durrani. They look really cool for about $1300. Of course they dont stock rims for our bikes but the website says to call them about making wheels that they dont stock. The website is www.durrani.com

Just been to A Guzzi Daytona meeting, two people had self adapted wheels, one had wheels from a Bandit, with selfmade cushdrive, the other had wheels I never heard of, he told that they were light. No pictures, camera forgotten :-(

I found them, TSW3 from http://www.lightcon.de Ask dynotec.de if you are serious, the advertized prize is as high as PVM.

why not Carbon Fiber? hmmmm BST wheels with some kind of adapter would be nice

I mean I know its pretty much lipstick on a pig but if youre talking about spendin the money, why not SPEND the money ^_^

Lipstick on a pig!!! baaahaaaahaaahaaaa!

email sent to durraniracing.com

I'll take the jump if they can provide the wheels......

If I read the ordering info correctly the wheel sets are about $1300/set. That seems like a good deal for a set of Mag wheels....hopefully they can make a set for our bikes.