be with me on this

when on a long trip you can no more fold your legs under you in the foetal position and drive on; then the V11 has been out in the rain and shrunk under you.

Right?! That happens. Right??!! Cause no way have I gained weight. Or years. Damn that 150 mile trip hurt.... And the noise of those open Mistrals.... I should have known better. Gloriously antisoscial though. B)

Maybe when your gut starts growing, a Harley beckons....... :lol:

there will be no Harleys on my drive.

I'd rather walk, if I can walk at all when I'm that fat.

Too fat to fall... too old to rocknroll...

M, I find that if I do not get off and walk-around a little every hour or so that my knees start complaining first (32 inch inseam) and my butt starts going to sleep at about the two hour mark (without the walk)...my elbows will start hurting about the time my butt does (are they connected somehow?). Funny enough, the seating position does not bother my bad back (lower) at all...while trying to drive cross-country in our car will put it into spasms. I am officially over the 50 yr mark, fairly athletic, but with the aches and pains associated with age, the dumb things I did when younger in the name of "fitness", and exposure to the elements for over 25 years. I've pursued function over art in making the RM more "comfortable" for me...Rich Maud gel seat and rubber inset footpegs (really cuts out the vibration), MPH handler bar risers (the best mod I've done), and a nifty wool "saddle blanket" by Dpierre (which makes a big difference in the heat here in Florida). All said, I can't sit anywhere for over an hour without getting creaky, so I'll keep my RM and ride on...maybe I'll stop at the little country store up there for a biscuit and coffee. Keep smiling. k

• 2 weeks later...

I think you get used to it, the more longer frequent trips you do.

Despite not being exactly slim myself, the padding around the arse is no help, but the gut rests nicely against the tank bag. The fairing must help on the Lemans.

When Round Britain Rallying it helped to alternate a landmark with a fuel stop and keep off the slab. The longest day was around the Scotish highlands in 06 - 730 miles in some 16 hours wasn't too bad, but 120 miles down the slab is too much.