tyre pressures

johno235

This is my first Guzzi and I have got to say this bike as SOUL and is a hoot to ride but then you seasoned Guzzi owners already know this so forgive the ramblings of a newbie owner

Johno

Ride Safe

I know Johno, when these bikes are running right it's hard not to bubble over about it. Enjoy!

Hi,

Thankyou gentlemen for your input as the bike has only done 6000kms it is still on the BT020`s I have left pressures as handbook listed and did a 300km ride yesterday on variety of motorway, sweepers and twisties ( haven`t had so much fun with my pants on for a long time) with no dramas so will leave them as they are and revisit it when I replace them no doubt with a set of Z6`s which I have found with other bikes to be a good sport touring tyre with good longevity.

This is my first Guzzi and I have got to say this bike as SOUL and is a hoot to ride but then you seasoned Guzzi owners already know this so forgive the ramblings of a newbie owner

Johno

Ride Safe

Johno i to just got my 2002 Guzzi v11 LeMans this year in British Columbia Canada,also have the BT020's on mine,dont' like em cant' say why really,just dont' inspire confidance.

Thinking i might put on Avon storms, i have them on my 1992 Suzuki GSX 1100g shaft drive road roadrocket great tire wet or dry,other options are Dunlops new roadsmart have read some good reviews on this tire,ul'timately though i think i'm going to go with the Pirelli Diablos,Italian tires for an Italian bike nuff said,as for tire pressure 33 fr 36 re how hard can it be,not a pun.

As an aside where are you in NZ,have always wanted to visit your part of the world,have a few of your compatriat's here in northern British Columbia.

Cheers Stu.

tr

A side note on the Z6's the original poster mentioned. I just pulled a set off my Griso, I got 9 and a half thousand miles out of them. Pretty good in my book. They handled well the whole time and really the only fault worth mentioing is that they were the noisiest tires I have ever experienced. Noisy enough that the next set I replaced them with are Conti Force Sports. Don't know how they'll compare. Time will tell. First ride on them will be 750 miles each way to Indy for the MotoGP race. Staying off the highways for almost the entire trip. Should be good.

I second that. My Z6 rear has about 10,000 miles on it and it's still (barely) street legal. Amazing. The wear is coming on quick now though, on left side of center. That has only happened on my fronts before.

I would be DELIGHTED to hear my tires! My gearbox outnoises them (and the opened air box lid, and my Mistrals) in any speed :huh:

Johno i to just got my 2002 Guzzi v11 LeMans this year in British Columbia Canada,also have the BT020's on mine,dont' like em cant' say why really,just dont' inspire confidance.

Thinking i might put on Avon storms, i have them on my 1992 Suzuki GSX 1100g shaft drive road roadrocket great tire wet or dry,other options are Dunlops new roadsmart have read some good reviews on this tire,ul'timately though i think i'm going to go with the Pirelli Diablos,Italian tires for an Italian bike nuff said,as for tire pressure 33 fr 36 re how hard can it be,not a pun.

As an aside where are you in NZ,have always wanted to visit your part of the world,have a few of your compatriat's here in northern British Columbia.

Cheers Stu.

tr

Hi Stu,

I live on the North shore of Auckland, easy access to good biking roads both north and south. Visited Esquimalt ( I think that is now you spell it) Canadain Naval base just out of Vancouver back in my Navy days, throughly enjoyed your country in the short time i spent there

Johno

Ride safe

Wow.

You guys are getting lots of miles outta the Z6.

The last rear on my Nero Corsa lived less than 6,000 miles and was pretty shagged....

Lots of 2-up and lots of "chip and sealed" curvy mountain roads....

I've been running 38psi in the rear Z6...

Just switched to a Dunlop Roadsmart.