Daes Mototec

turo

Anyone know how to order or where to order cool parts from Daes Mototec? The web site's in German, the Google translator doesn't work for all the links and I can't find any contact info?

Thanks

-john

Can't help you much with the translation, but an interesting site. If you click on the "News" collumn, scroll down and look at their center stand on a Griso. They have the same thing for a V 11, and it looks like it disassembles so it could be packed. Less than 100 euros, too. Has anyone tried one of these?

Can't help you much with the translation, but an interesting site. If you click on the "News" collumn, scroll down and look at their center stand on a Griso. They have the same thing for a V 11, and it looks like it disassembles so it could be packed. Less than 100 euros, too. Has anyone tried one of these?

A centre stand for a V11 at less than 100 euros delivered, is it too good to be true?

reports please :luigi:

It's not a center stand, it's a shop stand.

I've dealt with DAS once by email. They're really nice people but they only accept bank transfers, not VISA, PayPal etc. At the time, bank transfers cost $42. I was buying a fender for about $110. That's expensive but sometimes there are no alternatives. Here's their contact info.

DÄS Mototec

Gisela Máté

73577 Birkenlohe

Gschwender Str. 34

Tel. 07176/3729

Fax. 07176/1388

E-mail: info@daes-mototec.de

www.daes-mototec.de

They are nice people, but as Pete Roper found out, hard to get them doing business. Why? It's a very small shop, and they are burried in work, they have more customers from Germany then they can handle. People wait half a year to get work done on their bikes. I think the v11 stand is from hepco becker.

Could be wrong, but the center stand doesn't look like anything from Hepco and Becker - most of theirs are permanent mounts, like a factory system. They had one for a 750 Breva on their website, but it was totally different from the one at Das Motec. Anybody out there tried one of the Motech stands?

Cool! I love the text describing how it functions - if it had a cord system to tighten it, would it work "like a g-string"?

But really, has anyone used one of these? Looks like a good deal.

I have been using the Becker Technik central stand for years on my Rosso and I am very happy with it. You just have to be careful when you mount fix it on the bike (= avoid making scratches on the frame side plates). It was a pleasure to do business with them, also a couple of months ago when I bought a front stand for my K1200GT.

I agree with Paul about Daes Mototec; I tried several times to buy Bos mufflers at their shop, but I gave up after a couple of months. But, if you can be patient, they reportedly do provide high quality work.

I purchased a set of theit bar risers for the LeMans a couple of years ago. I started with an e-mail asking if they spoke english, shipped to the US, and took credit cards. Theu DO ship to the US, they can get by with english, and as previously stated, do not accept credit cards. I wired a bank transfer to them and got the bars I wanted. It took two or three weeks, but it went well. They have really top notch stuff! I would deal with them again and would recomend them.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry