V11 Le Mans Center Stand Kit

biesel

Moto International tells me that I can get a Guzzi centerstand kit for $269 before tax. I've never seen one before, but those pictures are probably the very item. It should be a "stock" accessory available at Guzzi dealerships.

What model year is the center stand fitted to?

I tried fitting a TLM supplied centerstand to my 2002 Scura but the stand was for the earlier models without the lower brace to the engine.

This stand looks to be different to the model I was supplied with.

They did say that they were having another stand fabricated.

:bier:

It also looks like it wouldn't work with an "X" type crossover like the Stucchi. It looks in the photo like it fits neatly behind the OEM crossover, and I suspect would work with an "H" type :huh2: Anyone know?

I've actualy gotten pretty used to my shop stand now, so this is less of an issue. Although I guess a center-stand might be nice on the road in some circumstances.

Would love to see some more photos from different angles though, especially in the "up" position, and maybe a better photo from underneath showing it's mounting.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

al

A centerstand would be real helpful to those of us who go motorcycle camping. I hate loading up a bike that's leaned way over.

And the MG OEM shopstand strapped to my back really starts to hurt after awhile. :blink:

Cheers,

Jason

A centerstand would be real helpful to those of us who go motorcycle camping. I hate loading up a bike that's leaned way over.

And the MG OEM shopstand strapped to my back really starts to hurt after awhile. :blink:

Cheers,

Jason

:lol:

....oh sure I understand, "been there, done that" ^_^

But on the other hand, I've actually gotten surprisingly used to just having a side stand.... a lot more used to it than I thought I ever would as not having a center-stand was one of the few items working against the LeMans when I was looking at it new.

Of course as you can see, I apparently "got past" that little drawback :P

So anyway, would still love to see more photos from various angles, especially with the stand folded.... to get a better idea.

al

Nice and frugal centerstand that looks like it would disappear when stowed up. My '96 California has a centerstand with a humongous lever. In order to raise the bike, one has to push down HARD on the lever whilst lifting hard on the passenger grab rail. I know the Cali is about 100 pounds heavier than my LeMans but when I have two loaded saddlebags and my 30 pound camping kit (tent, two sleeping bags, air mattress, inflater, and two pillows) atop the tail rack it is going to be one difficult brute to put on the centerstand. There is no grab rail or for that matter any solid place to put ones hand to lift the bike. Please enlighten.

Nice and frugal centerstand that looks like it would disappear when stowed up. My '96 California has a centerstand with a humongous lever. In order to raise the bike, one has to push down HARD on the lever whilst lifting hard on the passenger grab rail. I know the Cali is about 100 pounds heavier than my LeMans but when I have two loaded saddlebags and my 30 pound camping kit (tent, two sleeping bags, air mattress, inflater, and two pillows) atop the tail rack it is going to be one difficult brute to put on the centerstand. There is no grab rail or for that matter any solid place to put ones hand to lift the bike. Please enlighten.

.....can't be as bad as my FJ1200 was when loaded up with luggage. I bet it was well over 700lbs, and all top-heavy at that!! :P

But with the right technique, it came right up on the centerstand.... a technique developed over time, trial, and a couple notable errors :lol:

I may keep my eye on that centerstand, and give it a try. I'm just not too sure about that rear bracket mounting on the outside of the "pork-chop", and wondering about clearing our slightly rerouted exhaust on the V11 Sport/LeMans versus the Sport1100 :huh2:

...might be worth experimenting with... B)

al