guzzi titanium pipes

scre103

just visited the us guzzi site and discoverd the titanium pipes. i have a 2001 rosso v11 and the site lists 2 versions of the pipes. one for crossover and one for non crossover.i thought the rosso had a crossover!? anyways. does anyone have these and whats your experience. are they loud? would i benefit by adding the stuchi x-over.and what is the " cdi " ? i'm ready to do some performance upgrades, is this a good way to go.? thanks

Yep, there are several folks on the board that have them installed. Just do a search for "titanium" and I bet you find a bunch :P

But I have no idea on the cross-over versus non-cross-over version. But a guess... maybe they have a version of the map for the ECU made to work with the 2003 verus pre-2002 with/without the front cross-over pipe?? :huh2: Because keep in mind that they also provide a remapped ECU with this kit.

CDI? Capacitive Discharge Ignition.... usually. Why? Do they mention this in the specs or ordering? AFAIK, we don't have a CDI system, ours is inductive.

al

I was hypnotized by the sounds of a pair of Ti mufflers at the San Diego Rally yesterday.

Seemed about as loud a Mistrals, and seemed less metallic sounding than other titanium of stainless mufflers. Very nice.

A stucchi should complement them, and help out the midrange.

But I have not seen any dyno graphs of the Ti mufflers, so the proof remains to be seen.

Guest mcloutier
what about the carbon fiber pipes on the guzzi web site that state for race track use only.

Those are Mistrals. Don't get them from Guzzi though as they come with a "off road use only" plate on them.

Guest captain nemo

If I'm running pods, what do you guys recommend for a crossover? Is there a titanium crossover? That would sound sweet.

I was hypnotized by the sounds of a pair of Ti mufflers at the San Diego Rally yesterday. But I have not seen any dyno graphs of the Ti mufflers, so the proof remains to be seen.

LL_Dyno_Ti-Pipe.jpg

Dave, above is a graph of the Ti-mufflers (which BTW, can be mounted in the stock low position/brackets quite easily as you saw this weekend). The graph shows a stock mapped V11S in red, and the Ti-Pipe/ECU PCIII mapped bike in blue. No other mods are done (note with stock x-over).

Interesting as I found it.

Todd@GuzziTech.com

GuzziTech.com

Not bad.

It looks like a crossover might not make much of a difference with the Ti mufflers as the midrange filled in nicely.

I am suprised that the peak power is not better.

The Playboy® Ltd edition claimed a few more peak HP that is not seen here.

But it is also surprising that the mid range is so full with very little dip in the torque curve and the dip in the HP is GONE.

what about the carbon fiber pipes on the guzzi web site that state for race track use only.

Those are Mistrals. Don't get them from Guzzi though as they come with a "off road use only" plate on them.

When I bought the Ballabio, the dealer swapped out the stock cans & crossover with those on a new Scura then being blueprinted and getting titaniums, etc. (Then the guy told the dealer to sell it after getting all this work done and paying for it!).

Anyway, I can't find any labeling of any kind on these. Anyone know the story on Scura c/f cans. Manufacturer? On-road legal? Etc.

Probably my imagination (that I don't want a dyno to slap into reality!), but aside from sounding MUCH better, I seem to feel a performance difference, too. Rode John Stoddard's Cafe Racer the other night. While it's Ohlins were oh-so-fine, my B'io seemed a bit quicker. Probably just rationalization, but I liked the thought. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can't find any labeling of any kind on these.  Anyone know the story on Scura c/f cans.  Manufacturer?  On-road legal?  Etc.
Bill, you're asking about a pair of stock carbon Scura cans? These are identical to the other V11S, only with the carbon wrap. If they are louder then stock by a handful, they are most likely not OEM.

$.02,

Todd

Guest dkgross

Todd...

wow..it's nice to see that big midrange dip gone!! I've got the PCIII already, and am just waiting for my Mistrals/xover to show up from Teo. Hopefully that additional combo will get rid of my dip as well.

ps..sure wish your shop was closer to Seattle :) There's no Guzzi dyno folks here (although, to Micha and Jason from Moto Int's credit..they always do a great job getting my bike to run well...)

ciao!

Anyway, I can't find any labeling of any kind on these.  Anyone know the story on Scura c/f cans.  Manufacturer?  On-road legal?  Etc.
Bill, you're asking about a pair of stock carbon Scura cans? These are identical to the other V11S, only with the carbon wrap. If they are louder then stock by a handful, they are most likely not OEM.

$.02,

Todd

Interesting.

I thought--i.e., dealer told me--they were stock carbon Scura cans or mebbe I just presumed the OEM part.

They are "louder then stock by a handful," but wonderfully so, not "loud for loud's sake" Yeah, I know that's subjective, but this isn't like the cruiser clowns who ride by with straight pipes, etc. They sound great while riding, and my neighbors (who are not the shy types!) haven't said a word except to say how nice it looks.

Moreover, these required remapping. Now I am curious, as I thought OEM from stock Scura, just upgraded.

Thanks, Todd.

Bill

Guest goldgooz

Bill, John Barnes here,we met at Barbers during the Superbike races next to the AMA tent. The CF cans on your V11 looks exactly like the FBF cans on a friend's V11 Sport.I have Mistrals on my Lemans, and the FBF cans are about 3 inchs shorter. Wish you could have made it up to Ky. for our rally. It was great fun! :bier:

John :mg:

If the tips of your Scura exhausts look like the photo below, you have the OEM LaFranconi mufflers. In many cases, the CF cans as delivered from the factory were simply LF exhausts with CF skins instead of the silver or black anodized aluminum skins that came on the Sports/LeMans...

...if not, you have "something else" ^_^