Motorcycle boots

Tom M

I've always worn leather work boots for street riding. My current pair is getting pretty worn so I'm considering replacing them with street/touring style motorcycle boots. I realize that race type boots have substantially more protection than work boots, but don't really know what the advantage of a street boot is over a plain old work boot. I don't do track days or race, and I rarely touch my boots down when riding.

Here's the type of boot I'm considering:

94346b6f793385c303b892724e8f5b14_refined.jpg

I'd like to hear what you guys use, and what you think of work boots vs the type above. TIA!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always worn leather work boots for street riding. My current pair is getting pretty worn so I'm considering replacing them with street/touring style motorcycle boots. I realize that race type boots have substantially more protection than work boots, but don't really know what the advantage of a street boot is over a plain old work boot. I don't do track days or race, and I rarely touch my boots down when riding.

Here's the type of boot I'm considering:

94346b6f793385c303b892724e8f5b14_refined.jpg

I'd like to hear what you guys use, and what you think of work boots vs the type above. TIA!

What boot is that, if I may ask?

I want a new set of Stylmartin's but I can't find a what I want here in the states. I don't want to chance buying a set without trying them on.

However, against my own advise, and since I needed a set quickly last summer I ordered a cheap pair off Ebay.

Vega Nitro's. $60 USD delivered. I was actually happy enough with them and wear them all the time. They took a little getting used to but have worked out well in a pinch. My Tour masters were cut off my feet after my accident. Thing is, that didn't hurt my feelings.

I have a 26 year old pair of Stylmartin's that I love but they are just worn completely out. I'd like to hear what others are wearing too as next season is around the corner. I'm going to use the chepo's for the winter.....

Vega Boot:

boot.jpg

Richard Z

I have Daytona nonstop GTX boots, are absolut watertight, comfortable, and very well made.

For track use I have Sidi raceboots, not made for walking with all hardwere on them.

RedDog4693shop.jpg

+1 on the Daytonas. I bought 'em 'cause they were waterproof. I'll bet Paul bought them because he has a Daytona :P

I wear a similar sort of boot for work and short rides and like , :D them a full lenght boot is better for cold and wet weather. I had a pair of alpine stars for 15 years(resoled twice) that where wonderfull. Avoid boots with plastic or hard panels if u intend walking when u arrive as they can b good on the bike but uncomfertable for a stroll. slip on boots can be torn off in an accident laces get caught on foot controls. Make sure they fasten securely with velcro, zips etc

My wife says I have a boot fetish. That's all I wear. I haven't had a set of sneakers in 20 years.

I'm a huge fan of Chippewa boots. My default motorcycle boot has always been Chippewa engineer boots with a lug sole and steel toe.

These aren't cheapo boots. They are really long lasting with a smooth glove leather lining. I know.. old school get something newer right?

So...I bought a pair of "Rev It" European styled boots and although they are comfortable, waterproof an offer decent protection, I feel like a goof walking around with space man boots on or something.

However, finally, I think I have found the perfect boot. It's just enough "old school" biker boot to look good, and just enough "hi-tech" to work well on a sport bike.

It's the Chippewa rally boot. It has a Vibram sole, really thick leather, some padding and a smooth glove leather lining to keep it comfy. I blacked out the trim around the sole with dye.

chippewa.jpg