Shoot me, I'm guilty

Admin Jaap

Sorry guys, I did it... Last week I bought myself a black 1200 Sport 2V. The dutch importer wanted to get rid of the 2008 stock and we're offering '08 1200 Sports with a staggering € 3.300,- discount! I'm going to pick it up sometime next week.

FWIW, I'm keeping the V11 and plan to turn it into a modern day cafe racer, keeping the V11 looks.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, I did it... Last week I bought myself a black 1200 Sport 2V. The dutch importer wanted to get rid of the 2008 stock and we're offering '08 1200 Sports with a staggering € 3.300,- discount! I'm going to pick it up sometime next week.

FWIW, I'm keeping the V11 and plan to turn it into a modern day cafe racer, keeping the V11 looks.

Both parts of the deal sound great. You get a 1200 Sport at a good price AND you (eventually ) get a V11 based café racer. Perfect!

You'll be bringing the 1200 Sport to N.I. in May? I think that model will make a good tourer.

Very cool!! I'm really interested in your feedback. I really like the looks of this bike. Maybe my ride was too short, and need to spend more time on it. Originally I found the footrests just a bit too far forward for the low bars, I'd like to hear your feedback.

Steve

sure it is, I had ridden a day on borrowed 1200 Sport in 2up in twisty road. The 1200 was much more stable than my V11 in hard turns, hard left/right turns down the hill. Also, the brakes are just superb on 1200. What I also liked a much is the riding position on 1200. Agressive, bend forward the front wheel I got better feeling compared to my V11 Le Mans with clip-ons.

What I missed was the shake-baby-shake of V11. You give her a load and it goes up like locomotive.

so technically? Everything that V11 does can 1200 sport do better. Had a great dilemma also. V11 won. No way. -_-

Enyoy both these beauties Japp!

PS. does www.1200sport.com exist? :P

well , it is a Norge without fairing. So touring should be its middle name.

Maybe they should have called it GT, instead of Sport? Or GT Sport

BFG, I think I now what you mean, the Guzzi lump isn't really modern day, is it...?

Basically, I'm keeping the bike as it is, but with clipons and a different seat section. So no classic aluminium tank, Roadholder forks and other typical Ace Cafe stuff... Don't get me wrong, I really like these kind of bikes, but imo they have to be British, not Italian.