E3 plugs

ALdad

Some guy tried them in a car and logged slightly worse gas mileage.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/10/21/do...u-money-on-gas/

But who knows? in our bikes it may create a more ideal flame front????

I doubt it, and think all the added ground area could block the initiation of the flame front and result in less complete combustion, but heck, I could be wrong and this could be the magic plug that increase HP and fuel efficiency!!!

A sprk plug is a spark plug is a spark plug.....but I buy the OEM recommended brand period. I don't know anything about this brand but any gimmick spark plug is a gimmick.

I dont have good experiences with NGK on all bikes I've ever had. I use DENSO and am very very very satisfied!

After all, one denso plug costs around 2€ (when your mate works in car-repair-service) so it really isnt big deal.

Use Denso, change them regullary and have your fuel mixture set up correctly.

rgds

Slavek

That's funny; the only running problem I've ever had with my other bike ('05 Hayabusa) was when I ran Denso plugs.

After a couple thousand miles I began experiencing misfires at low throttle settings with the bike jerking along when riding at slow speeds through town. Switched to NGKs and didn't have another issue for the life of the plugs.

Will never use Densos again!

I am going from experience. When I was young I put Champion plugs in my 70 Mustang because I wanted the best. About 1000 miles and it missed out at high rpms. After 3 sets I went back to Motorcraft. Now I TRY to use what came from the factory.

Ready for some new plugs. I have been running stock NGK's. Anybody tried the e3 diamondfire.

Stay away from the fluff. Have the stock NGKs ever given you any trouble? NGK makes a high quality plug. The stock # is the correct heat range for your bike. No telling about the snake oil brand.

The more the spark is shrouded (as it is on the E3) the harder it is for the intial flame front to spread. I doubt it would be a big difference but it is going in the wrong direction if your after improved performance.

The more the spark is shrouded (as it is on the E3) the harder it is for the intial flame front to spread. I doubt it would be a big difference but it is going in the wrong direction if your after improved performance.

Because they claim a larger not hotter spark in all directions I thought may be it would produce a more complete burn. I know my plugs always look more toastie on one side. :sun:

Because they claim a larger not hotter spark in all directions I thought may be it would produce a more complete burn. I know my plugs always look more toastie on one side. :sun:

The claim is nonsense. The spark is going to jump to the easiest spot. It likes to hit sharp edges or points. A new NGK has a nice square bottom electrode. Plenty of edge for the spark to hit and much less mass (than the E3) on the lower electrode to block the fuel mix from the spark. The spark is a single strike from the center electrode to the lower electrode. Changing the lower electrode shape doesn't change that fact. The only thing that will make a spark larger is a larger gap for it to jump.

It is a shame that simple combustion theory can so easily be snowballed into a money making venture. Add phrases like "plasma tunnel" and an inaccuate combustion pressure graph and we'll make millions!!!

Complete crap, use Denso or NGK. OEM's like them for a reason.

Guest ratchethack
It is a shame that simple combustion theory can so easily be snowballed into a money making venture. Add phrases like "plasma tunnel" and an inaccuate combustion pressure graph and we'll make millions!!!

Complete crap, use Denso or NGK. OEM's like them for a reason.

:lol:

How is it that a friggin' simple-as-a-hammer device with no moving parts, the design of which hasn't changed appreciably in over a century, said device's sole function being to provide a consistent void for electrons to fly across whilst conducting a specific heat flow through it has somehow always got people believing that it's a horrifically complex, bleeding-edge technology, magical mystery key to hidden engine performance?? :huh2:

Enquiring minds. . . (well, you know) . . . :whistle:

Man has been trying to come up with a better mouse trap since it was first invented. I don't see why a spark plug would be any different. This may not be the one, but sooner or later some body will come up with something better. Take the light bulb for example. It's still the same basic thing as Edisons original. :oldgit: I prefer the PIAA. :D