I sometimes have dark thoughts....

Guzzirider

..about selling my V11. Trouble is I am not riding her very often- she just gets the odd track day and trip out. My Stelvio has taken over touring duties and after riding her round Europe this summer, I would never go back to the V11.

Now that my cafe racer is getting closer to completion it will only get worse, so do I:

1/ Put the fairing back on, put her back to standard spec, clean and polish her up and sell her?

2/ Just keep her for the occasional trip, and use her for spares to keep Helen's bike on the road whenever anything breaks?

3/ Strip all the road gear off and make her into a (slow) dedicated trackday bike?

What do you reckon?

Guy :helmet:

..about selling my V11. Trouble is I am not riding her very often- she just gets the odd track day and trip out. My Stelvio has taken over touring duties and after riding her round Europe this summer, I would never go back to the V11.

Now that my cafe racer is getting closer to completion it will only get worse, so do I:

1/ Put the fairing back on, put her back to standard spec, clean and polish her up and sell her?

2/ Just keep her for the occasional trip, and use her for spares to keep Helen's bike on the road whenever anything breaks?

3/ Strip all the road gear off and make her into a (slow) dedicated trackday bike?

What do you reckon?

You forgot option 4/ Take it and leave it in a foreign country a long way away so you have something to ride when you visit :lol:

Works for me!

Pete

Actually Pete you may have a good idea there- I often hanker riding a bike when I visit my Dad in France- I could keep it in his garage for when we fly over.

I think he means a little further away than France :whistle:

I would think a "special "model like the RC would be better left in stock or near stock condition. I mean you can make any bike a decent track bike but why take the risk of damaging a bike that may be of value in the future. I say keep it in the stock condition and ride it when you feel like it. If collecting is not your thing then sell it and buy a suitable track bike. I ended up having to paint my RC and had to remove all the flags, as it ended up I liked the look better but unless I can buy the factory decal kit from Guzzi they are gone for good.

.....What do you reckon?

You probably shouldn't, but it'd be nice to see sports option just to see with what you come up with. Makes no sense but then life doesn't. I've never been one for "originality" & hanging on to the imperfections in a bike just so it's resaleable, guess it's down to your resources too.

It's overweight esp at back, lacks power, has dubious rigidity & an alf-arsed rear end...but it's still a lovely bike to ride fast (ish), on a smooth road or track. On track, it's pulling hard when others are still looking for gears or worrying about highsiding, & if you keep on line, out of trouble - in traffic, on the brakes & in the bumps - it's very usable amongst average riders on conventional stuff. Could you do like Paul did & lengthen the s/a? I reckon frame needs bracing laterally - between sideplates & headstock or even headstock too. Older Sportis had stronger trans/frame mount too I think. Balanced motor & light clutch, gearbox is good on track. Ground clearance is good. Financially you'd be better off selling (or selling as stock in future) & getting something else - but with the Corsa, you've got the Ohlins & a sorted bike you know from new, some bits that'll fit Helen's bike...& a challenge.... &, if you've got the money...& the time....& the garage space...& an understanding wife...what the hell - it's a Guzzi!

It'd be interesting to compare the cafe Tonti (getting closer to completion...) with a cafe V11?

Happy Christmas mate :xmas::bier:

KB :sun:

Yes Dimitris it is the Rosso Corsa I am thinking of selling.

Thanks for your thoughts guys- still not sure what to do- no rush I guess!

With regards to turning it into a track bike, I was thinking of doing nothing more than stripping lights, indicators, number plate hanger etc.

Have a great Xmas yourself Keith! :xmas:

I discover something, when you have something, you didn’t realize how much you care about it. When something has gone you miss it like light in the eyes.

Since my V11 has gone I do miss it a lot. The engine power of that bike was amazing.

Possible I will get the power of the 1200sport at the level of the V11 but it will me cost a lot of time and money. Besides the Ohlins quality is also high and I do miss it in my new bike.

You get to do what you get to do, and I think by you it’s a luxe problem. But the power and the brutality of the v11 is unique! Do not annoy me with Griso, Stelvio, 1200sport, etc. my opinion the V11 best bike of Moto Guzzi so far!!! :notworthy:

Antonio,

Where did your V11 go? I remember that you had an accident a while back, but I thought the damage was mostly cosmetic and you were going to get it back on the road soon.

Guy,

I vote for your option #2. Hang on to the Rosso if you can. There's nothing wrong with a garage full of Guzzis! If you find that you still aren't riding it at all a few years from now then maybe that's the time to sell.

Yeah, I thought that too Tom, but with an expertise inspection, We get to think about the possibility the steering tube has got damaged too.

So I have opted for the insurance money and buy a 1200sport. Bike where I can travel with my wife and take the children where they have got to be.

To have distance with the V11 wasn’t my choice but circumstances…