Sag?

Guest captain nemo

Docc,

The Penske was too long when I first received it and had to send it back to get it shortened by 10mm. I had a clearence problem with the driveshaft rubbing the swingarm in the extended state. I think it had the same shock travel as the Sachs shock at first and after 10mm. was taken out of the length of the shaft, now the travel is less. I did not know this until I measured the shock travel for this post. I think I will talk to the company that I bought the Penske from and see if they can get me a Ohlins shock for cost.

Both the Penske and Ohlins shocks are longer than the Sach shock and will steepen the head angle slightly.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. I know there are several of us who are watching your results to make a more informed decision on suspension changes. I'm hearing "Ohlins."

So, where are you setting the sag on the Ohlins?

I'm hearing "Ohlins."

You should be hearing Öhlins

but you don't have that key on your keyboard I guess. :grin:

It is pronance like the vocal in the particle "an",

says: "ön Öhlins fork", great party trick :not:

Not only will my keyboard not do that , I'm having trouble getting my mouth to do it. :notworthy:

I'm assuming this is the same for "Goran" and , perhaps, even for "Opel?"

And then ( to we isolated Americans), one the great V11LeMans forum mysteries:

How does one pronounce "Jaap?" :huh2:

...back on topic though, it sounds like this is the "review" I was waiting for regarding the Ohlins and Penske :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike :)

al

Al,

I think the iceing on the cake would be the Ohlins with the remote adjustable preload. Downside is that it is heavier but for just changing the preload for riding two up or even when touring with saddle bags would be much easier than getting the wrench out and busting knuckles and pulling your hair out. I am also sold on having a 70mm. stroke instead of the 50 to 60mm stroke of the other shocks.

Mike