Riots threatened! Global Warming must be STOPPED IMMEDIATELY!

Guest ratchethack

What if you spend the money and don't survive anyway? (I'll spare you the smarmy winky bullshit emoticon. In return, realize that you do not know more than I know, so do not wink at me.)

Well you can't take with you ( we both know that ;) ) :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if you spend the money and don't survive anyway? (I'll spare you the smarmy winky bullshit emoticon. In return, realize that you do not know more than I know, so do not wink at me.)

Oh no smarm was intended but realize you have no idea of my knowlege as I have no idea of yours .These conversations go in increasingly vitriolic circles until they get shutdown, frankly I failed to see how this relates to MG however I don't think anyone's covered religion, the web posts to justify the arguments should be hilarious :lol:

Changing, not changing; our fault, not our fault; do something, do nothing. Pointless arguments really. If it is changing, and if it is our fault, unless there is worldwide change we're gonna be buggered. And since even this minute worldwide sample we have here, with many highly educated and intelligent people, cannot agree on anything, it stands to follow that worldwide change ain't gonna happen.

If this turns out to be the case, we will survive and the world will survive. It would just be a very different place than it is now. Perhaps the focus should be on adapting to this possibility...

Just a thought.

Remember Y2K??

Y not 2K? ;)

Actually, I remember it well: the potential downfall of local order convinced my roommate to buy his first rifle! :thumbsup: Good man... We celebrated the fact the whole thing never materialized by going out to the desert & blowing off about half the ammo we'd bought to hold off the ravening hordes.

What can I say? Any excuse to go out blasting the crap out of utter desolation & freeze your backside off huddling round a roaring fire at night with the company of drunken friends is a good one! :D

Guest ratchethack

I was with a company supporting over 200 Client companies in the corporate software industry from 5 years prior, to 2 years after Y2K. The "Y2K Chicken Little Syndrome" was a thing to behold. From early '97, and escalating logarithmically, among the usual corporate concerns, I was constantly asked what I was doing personally to prepare. I heard this so many times that I developed a "canned" answer: "I'm making sure there's a minimum of 2 beers in the refrigerator." Many of the Account Reps in the company took this one up and got some pretty good mileage out of it. :bier:

In truth, I had several more than a few in my refrig. . . And so it went. :lol:

Changing, not changing; our fault, not our fault; do something, do nothing. Pointless arguments really. If it is changing, and if it is our fault, unless there is worldwide change we're gonna be buggered. And since even this minute worldwide sample we have here, with many highly educated and intelligent people, cannot agree on anything, it stands to follow that worldwide change ain't gonna happen.

If this turns out to be the case, we will survive and the world will survive. It would just be a very different place than it is now. Perhaps the focus should be on adapting to this possibility...

Just a thought.

Just because others do not clean their houses and service their equipment doesn't mean that I /we shouldn't. It is the right thing to do. Consume less of limited resources and think about the legacy for our children.

And Greg is absolutely right echoing, we should be looking at how we adapt to the possibility of climate change.

And Greg is absolutely right echoing, we should be looking at how we adapt to the possibility of climate change.

More topless women bikers! :thumbsup:That's adaptation to global warming! :D

Just curious, but how do you live with something you don't survive?? :D :D

With humor.

But seriously, if we don't survive but we spent the money/made the effort, does it matter? I personally would rather die trying then die fat. Remember, it's not whether you win or lose, well, yeah it is. I think the arguement that we may not survive even if we spend the money/make the effort is nuts.