Little Italy Griso

belfastguzzi

and an exhaust without the stock u-bend / sharp kinks

immagine200_0000.jpgUnlike the Zero, something like this version could be achievable.

Griso%20Full%20Laterale%202.jpgGriso%20Full%20Laterale.jpg

I emailed yesterday to ask for more info on their bars. The small web pictures don't show clear detail.

However I've also found Barracuda and Rizoma risers on the web now, which, if they are exactly the right size, would be a better bet to try out.

Sorry, don't like it.

No I don't like the paint design either. I was referring to the parts mods because there has been some talk over the past year about whether clip-ons would work ok on this bike. For aesthetics, Barbacane's fabulous Zero set the aspirational bar (no pun intended): though who knows how it handles? I haven't checked again – the race Grisos must have clip-ons, but that's different from lugging the thing around in variable road conditions. Something like the Zero is out of reach as it's so heavily (i.e. expensively) modded. This EZ bike doesn't appear to have any body mods up front, so it's interesting that it has the clip-ons.

And a couple of views of the Zero again:

Zero-(14).jpgZero-(10).jpg

Looks stunning in my opinion, but I'm also a girlie when it comes to colours :wub:

The Zero is the Gucci of them all (Guzzi? ;) ); such a bike would suit my garage at any time.

Good luck, Belfastguzzi.

Søren

A cool looking bike. The little Italy Griso's clip ons are angled nearly straight- I guess to stop them bashing the tank on full lock.

Is it my imagination, or does the Zero bike have some dents bashed into the tank to allow more clearance for the bars?

Some adjustable high rise Tarozzi clip ons would probably work ok- could be angled just enough to clear the tank, and allow a comfortable stretch to the bars.

Sorry, but I really can't understand why people insist of screwing about with the Griso? Apart from its pipe I think it is without a doubt the most stylish machine to come out of Mandello since the early 1970's. To me the Zero is a horrible abbomination. I think it completely screws up everything good about the stock machine.

the BEST aftermarket exhaust system I've seen is the BOS 2 into 1 into 2 underseat system but this seems to be unavailable for purchase so how good it looks is a moot point. It also requires a host of other pieces to be modified or replaced. Shame, I'd love one, but I tried to contact the man who makes 'em and tried to have other people contact him and (Shrug?) Nothing.

The Guzzitech pipe I have is very nice though, it's just not *as* nice as the non-available BOS system. That excrescence on the Zero looks like the ovipositor of some sort of repulsive insect.

Pete

Is it my imagination, or does the Zero bike have some dents bashed into the tank to allow more clearance for the bars?

It's all completely different, with custom made tank and bodywork, all a different shape to the original – and narrower.

That excrescence on the Zero looks like the ovipositor of some sort of repulsive insect.

But, I thought you liked that sort of thing?!?!

Yak.jpg

I agree with Pete about the Griso being one of the most stylish bikes from Guzzi in a long time (I would rank it second to the MGS01), but I like the Zero as well. I think it looks great, but I would not trade my Griso for it. It trades style for usefulness. The Little Italy bike is much less modified and much more useful. But I do prefer my RacerX pipe to theirs.

I think the Griso is only really in need of a bar swap and a paint job to be right for me. How long it will take me to do that remains to be seen.