ITI v. Veglia

Bill Hagan

Just posted this on the wildguzzi board, then thought this was a better place for this issue. Also searched back files here, but did not see this addressed. If this horse has already been beaten to death and dressed for ribs, steaks, and glue here, please forgive me.

So, has anyone done a serious accuracy check on the ITI speedos to see if they are as optimistic as Veglias?

Mine "seems" (code for SWAG) more accurate, but my "data," such as it is, is from a few test passes on one of those police radar speed-display signs in the 20-45 mph range. The ITI on the Ballabio appeared to be almost dead-on, but surely that can't be.

Thanks.

Bill

...dunno :huh2:

But then again, I've always assumed that OEM mechanical speedos(car or MC) are quite inaccurate especially at higher speeds.... :P

Someone like Mike Stewart who has both, or perhaps has a bike computer on their Veglia-eqiupped bikes might have some observations??

al

I've checked my Vauglia against my GPS and find it usually 5mph optimistic at most speeds.Knowing that I adjust my mental abicus to compensate.

Hi

I recently had my V11 Le Mans on Hobbsports Dyno, Mark commented on the speedo being 5mph optimistic all the way through (up to 136mph) which he thought was very good :thumbsup: . Mind you I'm sure my old "Vagueliars" speedo on my old Guzzi stopped me getting nicked several times.

Mal :helmet:

.... :lol: indeed, that is a great feature. As long as one is not quite sure how "optimistic" a given speedo is, then it's optimism may give you a bit of a buffer in regard to speeding.

Well, unless you are just so far over that you're going to get arrested anyway, then all bets are off :rolleyes:

al

I don't know about accuracy, but my Veglias look much better than the ITI's, IMHO. :bier:

But wait till the orange needle turns white and you will have a different opinion. Then your speedo is replaced and now you have one orange needle and one faded out white one. :homer:

Mike

Bill,

The ItI speedo is right on the money, um, of corse I told the officer that I was doing 75mph. instead of the 85mph. he said I was doing. :grin: It also depends on what brand of tire you are using and tire size.

Mike