To tall for a LeMans?

AndrewGuzzi

I've found a 2002 V11 Lemans about 4 hours away.

It looks really nice but I'm wondering if a 6'4" (193 cm) tall guy with a 36" (91 cm) inseam would fit.

Mostly I'm wondering if my knee will fit into that nicely sculpted recess in the tank.

Any tall Le mans riders out there?

Andrew in Ann Arbor

aklist04 at gmail com

Hi Andrew,

I'm 190cm and if I sit back on the seat I just fit the tank cutouts. I have recently fitted a set of bar risers from MPH cycles and that has made a huge difference to overall comfort on the bike. I guess the only way to find out for sure is ride one.

I am 187.5 cm and I have more legroom on my Le Mans than on my 07 K1200GT. Like Mark said, the trick is to sit back on the seat. Hope you can have an extensive test ride.

Jaap is a tall guy- think he has a higher seat and big bars on his V11.

Yep, I'm 1.95. The higher seat (+ 1") made the knee angle much more comfortable. I mounted the Ballabio bars for health reasons. Together it's a really comfy ride.

I picked up my 2002 V11 from a guy who was 6'5", he did think it could be a bit cramped, his loss my gain (I'm 6'1") I tend to think its not height thats the real problem but weight and suppleness, if you struggle get to the gym, get the pounds off and enjoy :D

Hi Andrew,

I'm also a lanky fellar like you with legs from hell but so far no probs. Long rides (+ 500 miles) get a little cramped but that's life :-)

Go the 'Jaap Way' installing a taller seat and get some decent adjustable rearsets = problems solved.

Cheers

Søren

Motobits foot controls lower the pegs and move them forward some. Coupled with the MPH risers there is a noticable difference in room.

It looks really nice but I'm wondering if a 6'4" (193 cm) tall guy with a 36" (91 cm) inseam would fit.

Mostly I'm wondering if my knee will fit into that nicely sculpted recess in the tank.

Andrew in Ann Arbor

aklist04 at gmail com

Andrew - good luck with the test ride. It is a great bike.

Does the 4 hour away distance put the location of this V11 closer to Detroit? If it does, perhaps you can let the owner know we are trying to get someone to visit Durrani Wheels so they can take measurements of the bike's wheels. Light weight wheels will enhance the fun factor for any bike, especially a Guzzi.

Andrew in Ann Arbor

aklist04 at gmail com

Hi Andrew,

Read your excellent PM on bikes. Yes, I'm pushing 6'4", and yes, the original footrest fitment was too much for my hockey weary knees. Quickly installed the now unavailable Moto Evolusione 'relocation kit' [20$, heck I gave it a try] and was instantly relieved. The fuel tank cutouts are very acomodating for we "flamingo legs" ! Just recently installed MPH's bar riser kit, way better comfort with questionable looks, but that's ok. My V11 has a much more agressive handlebar location than the Lemans you are looking for, it should be ok for you.

As for the fairing of the Lemans. I've ridden both a Lemans, older R100RS, and newer R1150RS. It's pretty tough to inprove on near perfection with the German fairing design with true weather protection. But the V11 based Lemans fairing is pretty darn good I must say. I've had much better fairings in front of me than an older or newer RS or Lemans fairing, that looked better, but hey, this is a Guzzi forum after all. No sense rustling the bees nest!!

Steve

Andrew,

If you put what is in several posts together you get:

1. It has a lot to do with your flexibility and the condition of your body.

2. You can move things around a bit to get more room.

3. If you like the bike you'll work it out.

I'm the same hight but a bit shorter in the inseam (34") and 53 years old. My pegs are stock, my legs get a bit uncomfortable several hours into a ride but not painfully. My bars are up and back roughly 2" each, I had more problems with my damaged wrists and left hand then my legs so I moved the bars and kept the pegs were they were.

YMMV,

Lex

I'm 6'2". Lowered pegs 3/4" (search Buell peg conversion, its cheap and doesn't require mods to controls. I have 2" bar risers and an MRA touring screen. Stock bars and seat. However, I normally have the seat cowl fitted and my knees don't fit the cutouts unless I sit still on a straight road. Comfy for all day rides. For any real life moving about, my knees are not in the dents. I don't see that this really creates an issue as mileage is not significantly affected and I'm not overly busy washing bugs off my knees.

Another solution, if needed is from forum member, Ryland3210

http://www.motratech.com/

These move feet forward, to stretch your legs out.

FWIW, I am 6' 3" and was comfortable enough with the stock set up, but I got higher Convertibars.

I also added the lower Buell pegs which helps a little.

But a Quota would be more comfortable.