Ohins Rear Spring Numbers Mean What?

Mike Stewart

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want to buy the Penske cheap?

Mike

I'll trade you my Quat-D Muffler with cracked welding for it.

Or give you about half of what you paid.

Put it up for sale, and if you don't get what you want I'll give you $400.

It can't be too terrible as you were excited and liked it at first.

My Corbin saddle moves my weight pretty far aft, so it may be fine for me.

The advantage of shorter travel is less drive shaft wear!!! But more wear on the old bones.

And maybe if I hang the battery where the license plate is it will put more weight over the spring.:blink:

David,

I am going to send the penske shock back to penske to have them loosen up on the compression dampening. On a positive note I can now change the rear shock in about 1.5 hours. which includes putting the bike on the bike stand, fuel tank removal, airbox removal (now I know why everyone went to K&N pods), shock removal and new shock installation with sag adjustment via broken knuckles and blood everywhere. I wonder what factory flat rate pays. Sorry, the mechanic side of me is speaking. :angry: I still plan to purchase the Ohlins with the remote spring preload adjuster for the Rosso. That is my sport touring machine and I need to be able to adjust spring preload with out taking a shit load of tools along for the ride. :drink: I will then try out the Rosso Ohlins shock on my 00 V11Sport, so who knows which shocks I will have up for sell. By the way, the LE Sach unit feels better with the stock spring but, I think I am also going to sent it back to LE to have the compression dampening relaxed too. Might as well since it is their screw up! :bier:

Mike

Is this made by the same folks that make the G&B version?

Yep, Quat-D makes this muffler and the one for the Furia.

It looks like a robust design.

They put brackets to reinforce the pipes but I guess the welds don't hold up.

To Quat-D's defense, I don't think it would have been easy to predict such an easy failure, and other crossovers are also known to crack.

I hope the inards hold up...

dlaing,

Fantastic site! Thank you very much. Since I've finished with the Spine Frame specific part of shock explanation I think the rest of my new web page will be a link to Penske's site. This is in much more detail and higher quality than anything I could come up with. My only complaint is that they used Acrobat, not my favorite format.

Thanks again,

Lex

• 2 weeks later...

I found out what the Ohlins numbers mean...

On a shock spring...

1091 is part no. for 160mm long spring (1093=150mm)

26/85: 26 is Ohlins code for 85N/mm spring rate

L262 is just a batch no.

KB, Wales :sun:

By the way the quality of furia exhaust is really bad. :huh2:

Not talking about the tubing (wich are not really good neither) but the "muffler".

Really bad construct exhaust. :moon:

Mine already cracked , i send it to g&b for repairing and they send me back the same one with some bad llonking welding & a big plate of reinforcement where it cracked :vomit: