DB killers

mdude

Anyone know of loose removeable DBkillers/baffles that would fit the Mistrals? I have the round race pipes and although I love the noise I think the possibility of muting it on longer runs would be nice. And it might beef up the low range torque a bit too. Do NOT assume that I'm chickening out. B)

I dont have the size of the outlet pipes in front of me, since I just got the idea three seconds ago.

Seen similar things on the net but they look homemade.

Brilliant. I'll probably order the second option from Pasotibbs suggestion.

The DB Dawg looked special, but it might not be as effective, perhaps?

Brilliant. I'll probably order the second option from Pasotibbs suggestion.

The DB Dawg looked special, but it might not be as effective, perhaps?

They give a weird "fluttery" exhaust note most noticeable on the over run (I quite like it) , and certainly take the edge off the noise!!

I drilled 4 holes 90 degrees apart at the inner end and threaded them to take small bolts to stop the baffle moving off centre when fixed in place( I welded the ends of the bolts together when I had them in the right position so they could not move)

I like those as they don't require drilling the outlets for bolting. Have you tried it yourself? Anyone know a source in Europe?

Just lost one on my Honda VFR 800 -- fell out somewhere while I was riding. Downside to the ones that do not require drilling.