why do I need anything else?

commando tod

After just servicing the 1100 griso, I was giving the fresh oil a good workout, and I was pissing myself laughing `cos I was having so much fun. Then my thoughts turned to the 8v. Bit of a bummer to start with but at least guzzi has got on to it, but why would I need anything other than a griso 1100. A barrell of laughs in the real world where horse power means f**k all but the right attitude means everything when you`re giving it a handfull. Maybe one day, someone on an 8v will be having the same fun as me now that guzzi has got onto the cam issue.

Weather is looking good for tommorow too, so bollux to cutting the grass and weeding the garden, I`m off to clip a few hedges with the griso :race::lol::lol::lol:

Gotta agree with you Todd. My "old fashioned" two valve per cylinder bikes sure do not leave me feeling that I'm missing out on anything. They go plenty hard enough for me, and a ride always leaves me feeling like the world is a better place. As you say, why do I need anything else?

They were giving demo rides at the Harley dealer yesterday...I didn't bother. :mg: k

It all depends what you want. I certainly didn't find my 1100 Griso wanting and my Scura goes like a cut cat but I really like the 8V motor even though its potential has a way to go before it is realized. I'm not saying the 8V is neccessarily 'Better', just different and I also like the novelty of the design.

Pete

It all depends what you want. I certainly didn't find my 1100 Griso wanting and my Scura goes like a cut cat but I really like the 8V motor even though its potential has a way to go before it is realized. I'm not saying the 8V is neccessarily 'Better', just different and I also like the novelty of the design.

Pete

I suppose I need to ride an 8v before I can make a comment on it really, but at the moment I`m not ready. "Showroom fever" the wife calls it when I walk into a dealer and see the right bike. I just gotta have it. Been fancying the Griso 1100 since they unveiled the concept bike a few years ago, then I walked into a guzzi dealer to buy a new crash helmet and came out with a griso. I just hope to god that they don`t have a nero in there when I go for some filters.

I'm happy with my Griso 1100 but I feel I would be happier with a 1200. If some is good, more must be better.

Actually, I am a little disappointed in the fact that my wifes V11 is stronger then my newer Griso1100.

When the wifes bike is faster then mine, something is wrong.

I'm happy with my Griso 1100 but I feel I would be happier with a 1200. If some is good, more must be better.

Actually, I am a little disappointed in the fact that my wifes V11 is stronger then my newer Griso1100.

dont worry, you are not alone... I have hard time chatching up with my girlfriend on Monster :P 40kw is not much, but the diference in weight of me+guzzi compared to her 45kg and monster is, sadly to be said, diametral :D Thanks god there is always the 6000rpm+ zone on V11 B)

I don't know for sure about 'stronger', but the V11 is a faster ride, I think.

Certainly the 12008V is a stronger, faster motor. However the riding position doesn't lend itself to prolonged 'fast'.

With the V11, especially with clip ons and a bit of a screen, you're more down on and with the bike and you're more tucked in. On the Griso you're more up, out and blown off. It gets to be hard work. And the 1100 version must be a bit worse with its wider bars.

I just hope to god that they don`t have a nero in there when I go for some filters.

:lol: I went in to buy filters for my Triumph and walked out with a 74 Ducati. Next time I went in for filters for the Triumph, walked out with my V11. I'm worried - the Tramp needs filters again and I don't have room left in the garage.

I don't know for sure about 'stronger', but the V11 is a faster ride, I think.

Certainly the 12008V is a stronger, faster motor. However the riding position doesn't lend itself to prolonged 'fast'.

With the V11, especially with clip ons and a bit of a screen, you're more down on and with the bike and you're more tucked in. On the Griso you're more up, out and blown off. It gets to be hard work. And the 1100 version must be a bit worse with its wider bars.

Heck, I thought it was just me that felt that way - the Griso did seem to be far more work than the LeMans.....