and speaking of helmets...

Guest captain nemo

I've got one of the newest ones out. Shoei X-11 It has a wing/spoiler at the back that breaks the wind resulting in less head wobble.:ninja:

Works well, the coolest, most airy helmet I've worn. Just a little more noise than my Shoei RF 800.

try it.

Agree 100% Lex... good post.

I too walked around Road Rider, and Cycle Gear on Parkmoor with helmets on for 30 min or so... just "shopping"... before a final purchase.

Everyone's head is different, so taking the time to find the right helmet is key.

al

For what it's worth...At the last bike show I attended, the Suomys were the most gorgeous helmets there. I have no experience with them & they weren't letting anyone try them on but, they sure looked nice. They're Italian to so, there wouldn't be any culture clash issues with the Guzzi ;)

Guest captain nemo

You know, actually the Schuberth is a nice helmet. I just think that I am in between sizes and I should have gone with the smaller size. I bought it at BMW and I did walk around the store for 20 minutes with it on. It's just that, being a flip-up face helmet, I was unsure as to how it should feel - no cheek pads. According to Schuberth I am in the right helmet because they measured my cranium. I wonder if now there is any way to increase padding for the tighter fit. Outside of that, it really is a fine helmet. Good optics, sun visor, scratch resistant... :helmet:

they measured my cranium

it really is a fine helmet

You've got a great helmet and you've had your head examined?

We should all be so lucky. :rasta:

I have both the Schuberth and an Arai Signet too. The Schuberth is fine at all speeds, either on my Centauro or on my BMW. The Arai fits like a glove. Really a top class helmet.

So even if the Schuberth is at 90% of the Arai fit and finish, I never had such a problem. Of course it has more to do with the air flow from the fairing and how well it fits your head.

O ====== = = = = =

// > ===== ==== === = = = =

[+] < [+] ====== ==== == = = = = =

Nickos Costopoulos - Athens, Greece

1986 K100RS - 1996 Centauro V10 (Auntie and Eva)

http://flyingbrick.freeyellow.com

Guest northend

I tried on alot of helmets. High price on down, I figured out that I prefer the flip up full face and beleive it or not the Vega Summit ( cheap mail order 147.00 USDfrom Iron Pony) was hands down the most comfortable and excellent fit.

Oh, and works great up to 125MPH so far.

Guest marcialc

Does anyone have any personal experience with the ROOF Boxer helmet?

I personally don an Arai Quantum. It's a very comfortable helmet with removable pads and great ventilation. I've riden over 300 miles in the pouring rain, and the Arai saved my ass (I mean head) :doh::thumbsup:

I would like to get a flip up lid and the ROOF Boxer looks great, but they're not imported here in the US, so its hard to test fit them. A friend of mine has a ROOF Daytona (full face lid) and loves it.

Any thoughts? :helmet:

ROOF Helmets

Re: Roof helmets.

OK, I know I'm being superficial but, the Roof helmet just looks dorky to me. I dunno why. Maybe it's cuz it looks so wide...seems like you're wearing mickey mouse ears. It reminds me of the helmets flight crews wear on aircraft carriers.

Really, the only helmet that looks right on an Italian bike is an Ago AGV with the Italian flag paint scheme :helmet:

But, like I said...I'm being extremely superficial.

Don't mind me :blush:

Does anyone have any personal experience with the ROOF Boxer helmet?

I don't (I tried one, but I've got the wrong shaped head) but a magazine over here ran its annual customer satisfaction survey recently and the Boxer came top (beating Arai RX7 I bought instead into second place) based on 7500 responses.

Andy