V11 Suspension.......Or is it Geometry

raceboy

Guest ratchethack

Hmmmmmmm. . . (Part IV)

No body, no murder weapon -- nor even a credible clue of a possible murder weapon. . . :huh:

And yet, there are those who still apparently continue to get slimed by the Legend of the Great Horned Extremely Twitchy Demon. . .

post-1212-1251038052.jpg

Who you gonna call? ;)

(turn up the volume)

"I ain't afraid o' no ghost." - Ray Parker, Jr.

Guest ratchethack
A deep and compelling response, as usual. At least it was readable this time and didn't make my eyes bleed. Congratulations on the improvements. I no longer believe the legions who say you are incapable of learning . . .

EGADS! He SLIMED me. :o

post-1212-1251157738.jpg

I feel so. . . FUNKY. . . :huh:

(turn up the volume, Part II)

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800070006/video

Guest ratchethack

If he's Extremely Twitchy, and there's no explanation for it, he must be possessed. :rolleyes:

He does look pretty dangerous.

How many people has he killed? :lol:

How many people has he killed? :lol:

It's a Guzzi Engineer, too? The last ones outed on this forum had some similiarities to monkies (or had that been members of the board?)

Ah, there is so much knowledge spread over or sunk into this board, it's hard to keep it present all the time.

Hubert

Greg is probably trying to sell this as "wobbling Red Frames", what I think might be a little overstressed.

Wobbling Racer

Greg, you haven't answered yet. Does this video show what you call "wobble". Do you mean this when you said Guzzis went into wobbles and killed or at least severly injured innocent people?

What do your sources say?

Hubert

Greg, you haven't answered yet. Does this video show what you call "wobble". Do you mean this when you said Guzzis went into wobbles and killed or at least severly injured innocent people?

What do your sources say?

Hubert

Yes. That is what I would call a serious wobble.

• 3 months later...
So where is a 1100 Sporti (pre V11) placed in a similar comparison? Wheel base? Rake? Length of stuff?

Just for the record, I've found all the nominal numbers now. Whatever good that is... anyway, in case someone needs them:

Wheelbase: 1,475 mm

Rake: 26°

Fork offset: 45 mm

Trail: 96 mm

Fork length: 760 mm

Trail is calculated from wheel radius, rake and offset using this formula. All other numbers are actually specified in the WHB, but not always easy to find.

According to some old post here this means the Sporti has different geometry than both breeds of V11's, which was what I wanted to know.

Edit: I wrote 80 mm trail at first, I thought it seemed short and yup, it was wrong (I fed degrees to a function that use radians). The geometry isn't that much different to a V11.