Horn Relocation

Guest max

I'm looking at the Lemans and thinking I will relocate the horns somewhere out of sight. I love the clean uncluttered look and think that will add a little more class to the look. Any ideas??

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will since they put an undue burden on the starter relay, and you won't need to use the horn until you are about to die. You could put them in the garbage. But then again they might save your life better than your voice shouting through your helmet, so they might mount ok on the fuel filter or fuel pump bracket. Not as audible, but still ok

I recall a thread on horns in the FAQ. It's more about Fiamms and relays which i found desirable for impressing dogs that I may be a one ton truck instead of something to play with. :!:

speaking of dogs...does anyone make anything that sprays pepper spray about 16 inches off the ground on either side of the bike, and activates with the press of a button.

I have only bled once because of this one shithead of a dog, but if I bleed again, it is WAR!

FWIW, his owners say that they do not own him, and he is a stray that eats there dogs food and comes when their kids call him and sleeps and defends their property.

Maybe I'll try dog biscuits first, dog bones second, steak third, pepper spray fourth, talk to the "owners" again fifth, mace sixth, and finally dog catcher or a shot gun seventh.

Or maybe one of those stun guns....

Do they make dog whistles that are loud enough to annoy a dog?

I just went to court yesterday over tripping on a dog 18 months ago.. They tried to get a dismissal but the judge said, "$7500." That's in addition to the $3300 to fix my GB500 and $1100 for my scraped up/ bashed up riding gear.

If these people only knew their stupid, loose dog might cost them 12 grand!

Well, Al, me neither. The guy's homeowner's insurance immediately took care of the gear and the bike. But when it came time to settle on two months of rehabilitation on my shoulder they went cold. So I figured I would go with whatever the Judge decided.

Of course now dogs in the road kind of freak me out. One of the things I'm really missing about the Sport while it's on blocks is those Fiamms. I've seen 'em singe the hair right off a canine's ears! :rolleyes:

Yah, glad you won the case Docc.

This dog has almost caused me to crash to.

The only time I have ever pulled a wheelie is when I was looking down at the dog and hitting the gas at the same time.

My wheel spun on some sand, caught, and the front end came up with me having my head and shoulders turned hard to the right.

Luckily I straightened out the front end before the front end landed.

But I lost the dog! (that time)

The bastard has nipped at me several times without injury, but if he gets ahold of me, it could hurt.

I guess his owners were smart to say they are not his owners.

Before I shoot the dog, I will give them another chance to lock him up.

These neighbors have already billed my mother for her mud going into their pool because of leaky irrigation, like it doesn't happen in the rain, too.

So assuming this is going to happen again, we are trying to play nice, even if the neighbors don't deserve it.

Maybe I can buy the dog an electric shock collar with remote control.

Or maybe put a cattle guard across the road....

I can't figure out what to do.

It is unsafe to go over 20MPH, If I go slow and steady he gets too close. Varying speeds helps, but is hazardous. Slowing to a stop works, but If I take my eyes off him, he gets too close.

I just can't win!

Guest JohnInNH

Geez on my Le Mans I feel safe compared to my race bicycle. I used to take it to work till some family thought it would be nice to let it's Doberman run loose. I have no clue who owned it. But I sure got pissed. Nothing worked. Ended up taking the car or motorcycle.

I asked my friend on the police force how they would handle a case of a bicyclist shooting a dog in self defence. His answer is why I took the car. This was 20 years ago. TODAY just imagine!! Probably do hard time. :angry:

List the laws you would be breaking if you shot your firearm w/o the dog. That list plus the civil suit for the loss of the family pet children heart broken etc. You WILL loose you pistol permit (if you have one) confiscation of all you firearms etc.

No such thing as premeditated self defence. Using a firearm is a LAST resort. Taking a different route, taking you car, calling the dog warden, etc, etc. Are all things the court will use against a waco gun owner, because that is what they will paint you as.

Our society today has vilified ALL gun ownership and will make an example out of you.

Read "In The Gravest Extreme" by Massad F. Ayoob :thumbsup:

When I was a paper boy I had problems with one particularly mean German Shepherd. I took a squirt gun and filled it with AMMONIA. While he was chasing me I squirted it in his eyes and nose. From that time on all I had to do was point my finger at him and he would run off with his tail between his legs. End of problem. The ammonia for the old blueprint machines is 2 or 3 times as strong as the household type.

Guest northend

I know what will work , but you have to be a little brave. Get yourself some fire crackers, have them handy in your pocket and ready to go (fuses out,ready to light). The packs work good or use individual larger ones like M-80's. Coast up to where you know the dog will come after you (Neutral, engine running, lit cigarette in hand) .When he comes, lite firecrackers with lit cigarette and start throwing them at them. IT SCARES THEM TO DEATH!!! Every time that dog sees you it will remember. :blink:

Best of luck...........Jeff

It is so strange to read about everyday people owning firearms. Here in Holland we know that whoever carries a firearm is either a policeman or a criminal. To be clear: I'm not being opiniated, it's just strange (...and a little bit frightening).

If it boils down to a matter of using a gun or calling the dog warden, I guess I'll go the dog warden route.

Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately either decision results in the dog's death.

I am not sure about the dog biscuit thing as it rewards the dog for bad behavior, but if it works, I guess I don't care. $20 per year on dog biscuits is a good investment.

But I better have the dog biscuits there everytime.

The other solution is chocolate shakes! within a couple months the dog will be too fat to chase me. :lol:

But that might get expensive, especially if it requires steaks rather than shakes.

I guess I could dumpster dive at the supermarket....

Headline reads, "Guzzi owner plots to kill dog with food poisoning"

What about a bb or pellet gun?