It's like a disease

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, and what was the air flow over the sensor while you were testing, Dan?

Well it's like this: when there is a difference in air pressure between location A and location B, then air will flow, or move, from the area of higher pressure to the lesser. Sometimes this is called wind, or gusting. Dan has been a bit lazy and hasn't specified his location or the prevailing barometrics. I'd be guessing, but I'd go for about Force 2 on the Beaufort Scale, though I like to imagine, if he's any sort of man at all, that it was approaching gale force 10.

Mainly it boils down to what speed he was doing at the time, as this air flow thing is so relative.

.... but I'd go for about Force 2 on the Beaufort Scale, though I like to imagine, if he's any sort of man at all, that it was approaching gale force 10. ....

A Force 2 every 15 seconds, or was it for 15 seconds even, to me sounds impressing enough. No fluids acceptable with this test.

Guest ratchethack

Say Dan

Yep, it's like a disease, alright. . . :vomit:

The Great Dumbing Down has certainly taken a heavy toll, as the parade of Usual Suspects marches yet again. . .

I've been lookin' forward to the time when you wouldn't be able to resist posting your VERY SIGNIFICANT and VERY VALUABLE sensor measurements in post #11, as previously shared with Yours Truly, long ago. Thanks again, my friend. O' course, your numbers have been no surprise to either of us for nearly a year now, since both of us had enough knowledge and common sense back then to fully expect your findings from the results we both achieved on the road without a need for measurements to prove what we already knew. Nothing like signifiicant verification numbers to back up the proof on the road, though. Notice how the same old hyenas are now so confused over them. . . as if sincere interest in pursuing anything resembling truth ever had anything wotsoever to do with the silly personal agendas to which they've previously committed themselves. . . :whistle::lol:

O' course, the repeat rejection of what we've both done out of hand, with calls to "prove it" with hard measurement numbers has never been accompanied by any measurements either -- nor by any experience, for that matter, such as what we've both done and well proven on the road over thousands of miles. As predicted waaaaay back then by Yours Truly, now that you've presented very significant, hardly refutable numbers, the NEW CLAIM is that the numbers previously called for suddenly don't mean anything, because you haven't used a multi-channel data logger and an eddy-current dyno in a wind tunnel -- And no, no one here is about to offer anything of the kind, in any attempt to refute your numbers. :homer:

This silly behavior has been semi-hilarious to observe from the get-go. Gotta admit that watching the hyenas make such spectacular fools of themselves (again) is fair to middlin' entertainment -- especially after they worked so long and so feverishly to dig themselves back into their own bottomless pits of ignorance. . . Now they can't get out. :rolleyes:

But then, this kinda "entertainment" wears thin pretty quickly. Looks like it's gonna be a long, boring Winter, my friend. . . :whistle:

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

....stuff....

Ratchet you seem, again, to have missed the point. Perhaps you didn't see what Forum you are posting in, or even properly read the first post and it's title.

Guest ratchethack
Ratchet you seem, again, to have missed the point. Perhaps you didn't see what Forum you are posting in, or even properly read the first post and it's title.

Well, heat it red-hot and spank me naked with Mama's big cast-iron skillet, BFG!! :moon:

One o' the two of us surely must've got our favorite Forums switched around bass ackwards here!!!! :unsure:

Else, how d'you reckon this next could've got into this thread?! :huh2:

"The hot-air heaters are connected to the fuel system and vehicle electrical equipment. The air heating is performed owing to heat, evolved in the heater while the fuel is burning.

When the hot-air heater switches on, the pilot light lights up on the operating control.

The candle becomes to glow;

the hot-air heater starts to operate on the low revolutions.

In 25 seconds the fuel delivery starts. When the flame is identified and burning process is regulated, the candle switches off.

The heater heats at maximum while the heat exchanger is not heated up before operating temperature.

In the heating mode the internal temperature and employed air temperature are constantly taken and compared with the temperature on the control device. When the predetermined temperature is reached, the heater changed over the waiting mode; at the same time air circulation is performed. And as soon as the temperature value will fall below the predetermined one, the heater switches on again. When the heater switches off, the pilot light becomes dim and the fuel delivery ceases. Then in order to cool the heater, the blowout follows ( the ventilator is only operates)."

Is this^ Gas Man Gráinne's How-to Forum on the sub-forum topic, Lighting the Pilot on Gas Furnaces?!?! :huh2:

And as far as "missing the point again" goes, we also had the following:

On reflection,

I'd rather go and journey where the diamond crest is flowing and

Run across the valley beneath the sacred mountain and

Wander through the forest

Where the trees have leaves of prisms and break the light in colors

That no one knows the names of

And when it's time I'll go and wait beside a legendary fountain

Till I see your form reflected in it's clear and jewelled waters

And if you think I'm ready

You may lead me to the chasm where the rivers of our vision

Flow into one another

but that's just, er, me, I think

or, :rolleyes:

anyone else want to give it a go.....?

Is this^ the Flashbacks from the '60's Heavy Psychedelics Triage sub-forum on The Mind Expander's Navel Gazing Society Forum?!?! :huh:

Enquiring minds. . . (well, you know). . . :whistle:

None while resting Greg, just like inside the holder.

Inside the holder, you have an air gap with your GM setup, but most of those that have argued with you have created a path of conduction directly to the engine.

A much more accurate test would be to put the sensors in the holder, bring a pot of water to a boil, reduce heat just enough to maintain roughly 100C, stick the sensor holders into the water, thread deep, and then take your reading. To measure cooling, stick them in ice water.

A hair dryer is more suited for comparing air temperature sensors.

One o' the two of us surely must've got our favorite Forums switched around bass ackwards here!!!! :unsure:

Else, how d'you reckon this next could've got into this thread?! :huh2:

Is this^ Gas Man Gráinne's How-to Forum on the sub-forum topic, Lighting the Pilot on Gas Furnaces?!?! :huh2:

It's from a common or garden vehicle space heater description actually.

Again, you miss the point and again I refer you to the Forum title.

Your 'Mastery of the Obvious' is slipping Ratchet.

I recommend a weekend vacation in San Francisco: be sure to wear some flowers in your hair. B):whistle:

** I don't mean a garden vehicle. I mean a 'common or garden' vehicle.

** Not to be construed as a space vehicle or referring to 'heating outer space'. This is 'obviously' for heating the space in a vehicle. It could be a space vehicle, with suitable modifications.

Any suggestions for such modifications are welcome. Do put any thoughts on how best to test such a device (a tricky nut. given the extremes of temperature that it would have to cope with) in Tech Topics though.

BTW, enquiring minds etc... Do people in San Francisco use hair dryers on their hair – or not, for fear of wilting the flowers? Perhaps that's what encouraged the craze for alt hair dryer usage and has resulted in pointing at sensors and the like. I suppose they don't really need hair dryers, for hair drying, cos they got :sun: so they gotta do something with the things.

DL ("bring a pot of water to a boil – perhaps by pointing hair dryers at it – reduce heat just enough to maintain roughly 100C, stick the sensor holders into the water") No, enough alt. Usually you guys confine your whacky notions to Tech Topics (who left the door open?). Stick to dunking teabags. Take it from me, you'll not better the taste.

oh yeah, I forgot or blacked that one outta my mind, but off the top of my head for longest banter topic I thought of air filters. Well that or global warming. :huh:

I must have missed that one! Or maybe both? :huh:

Could you post a link to it in the "anyone got any good links?" topic?

Inside the holder, you have an air gap with your GM setup, but most of those that have argued with you have created a path of conduction directly to the engine.

A much more accurate test would be to put the sensors in the holder, bring a pot of water to a boil, reduce heat just enough to maintain roughly 100C, stick the sensor holders into the water, thread deep, and then take your reading. To measure cooling, stick them in ice water.

A hair dryer is more suited for comparing air temperature sensors.

I mounted mine as the factory did. The modification assumes a factory style mount. I found earlier creating a direct path was problematic for my bike.

Please do the much more accurate test and report your findings. I'm not sure it is relevant as, at least on my bike, there is rarely boiling water or ice water inside the holder, at least not on the same day.

BTW, It is an air temp sensor. As the factory mounts it, it is sensing air so I chose air to test with.

Guest ratchethack
Again, you miss the point and again I refer you to the Forum title.

Hmmmmm.

I b'lieve I'm beginning to see the light, BFG. Yes, I see it now! It's a purple light!

Now lemme see if I've finally got this straight. :rolleyes:

The unspoken "point" itself that you refer to here seems to be a handy euphemism for a steady stream of free-form, disjointed, disconnected, unbridled, gibbering, infantile nonsense. This would certainly fit, "Special place for banter and other silly remarks".

But to your first remark quoted above RE: "properly read[ing] the first post and it's [sic] title", it would seem that responding directly to both on topic, and at the same time as I have done, is where I somehow lost my way back in post #22??

So posts about garden tractor gas heaters, flowing paths under rainbow leaves by the legendary fountain under the crystal mountain, and hair dryers in San Francisco, etc. are all ON TOPIC here (regardless of any specific topic and title), and responding to the OP's topic accordingly is somehow OFF TOPIC -- and even verboten in this particular sub-forum?? :huh2:

Yes, indeed. There seems to be something familiar about all of this, alright. Are you from the same planet as Dave, BFG?? Yes, I do b'lieve I recognize the same unmistakable other-worldly alien illogic and "up is down, and vice-versa, etc." ground rules. . . I've long been quite well-educated on this part, you see. (Thanks, Dave!) It's the foremost "trademark" signature of The Purple Planet's inversely warped space-time continuum, nitrous oxide atmosphere, and 7-dimension reverse polarity gravity wells at work here.

post-1212-1258391829.jpg

The Purple Planet from high orbit approach

EGADS, no wonder I so seldom find any value wotsoever in taking a peek into the "special place". Do I assume correctly from this that any mention of a V11 Guzzi here is verboten -- regardless of topic title and opening post, or is this tolerated only in a first post, and all directly related discussion in reply is strictly verboten??

I try so very very hard to understand the Purple Panet ground rules. They're so very irrational and inconsistent to us, and we Earthlings are so, so. . . well, primitive in our uptake relative to you advanced natives of the Purple Planet, you know. . . :(

As a common courtesy to fellow Blue Planet natives, may I request posting a sub-forum WARNING: Something to the effect of, WARNING TO EARTHLINGS: "Please huff heartily on a nitrous bottle before attempting to participate here." Don't know if it'd help, but apparently it couldn't hurt. . . :unsure:

Y'all have some um, fun now, stay away from the pointy objects, and try not to hurt yourselves, hear? :whistle: