in a lonely place

...I for one don't mind the lack of,bickering,personal attacks,stupid racist or sexist comments....

:thumbsup:

Well I don't mind that stuff if it contains any wit, originality, imagination or even some weird perspective - the juvenile, repetetive, humourless drivel seemingly infecting every technical topic here recently just means I don't bother checking in so much - & I reckon I'm not the only one. Shame for me cos I always liked the global perspective this forum has & the odd mix of characters, weather & time zones.

Bring back Captain Nemo - come on Jaap we know it was you all along....

KB :sun:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course its not true!!! He's just in Children's Hospital having a stroke!!

HaHa..

I wonder how the conversation with St Peter went... "Yes. But I wasn't convicted."

Oh crap. I mentioned religion. Now I'm gonna get banned for sure... LOL

My mate has a mate that has a mate that has a red framed V11 with no steering damper which never weaves at top speed, but has been known to develope a nasty tank slapper whilst being pushed into the shed, can anyone tell me if there is any history of instability with this model???????????????????????? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

INCOMINGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mate has a mate that has a mate that has a red framed V11 with no steering damper which never weaves at top speed, but has been known to develope a nasty tank slapper whilst being pushed into the shed, can anyone tell me if there is any history of instability with this model ?

Your mate obviously needs help. To check for stability try this simple test: Construct a ramp sloping down towards the shed door. Place your mate at the top of the ramp & release him with a slight push in the direction of the door. Check that he tracks straight & true.

Curing this sort of instability could simply be changing to a different different pair of sandals, but sometimes the problem lies deeper & it is necessary to place the "mate" in a rehabilitation unit for evaluation.

A good V11 with correctly adjusted suspension should be totally stable whilst firmly held vertical at a standstill. Obviously as speed increases stability may become an issue, but the problem is usually down to user input.

I hope this helps.

Your mate obviously needs help. To check for stability try this simple test: Construct a ramp sloping down towards the shed door. Place your mate at the top of the ramp & release him with a slight push in the direction of the door. Check that he tracks straight & true.

Curing this sort of instability could simply be changing to a different different pair of sandals, but sometimes the problem lies deeper & it is necessary to place the "mate" in a rehabilitation unit for evaluation.

A good V11 with correctly adjusted suspension should be totally stable whilst firmly held vertical at a standstill. Obviously as speed increases stability may become an issue, but the problem is usually down to user input.

I hope this helps.

:D

I hope this helps.

Bullsh^t!!! His mate must lengthen the ramp 1cm and indecrease the rake 0.5 degrees, but keep the angle at 25 degrees as it is spec'd in the manual, but most importantly, he must strip the red paint and paint the ramp black.

Mastery of dah baitin' performed on nearly a daily basis.

Feets of scintillating callouses and apparent aroma washed, one week to ten days, occasionally quite a bit longer.

Have you exorcised the Extremely Twitchy Demon of your short red ramp lately?

HAIKU

Tyranny is here

Before Gore takes your Guzzi

Rebel gas burners!!!

- Zen Master Ratchoncrack

Bullsh^t!!! His mate must lengthen the ramp 1cm and indecrease the rake 0.5 degrees, but keep the angle at 25 degrees as it is spec'd in the manual, but most importantly, he must strip the red paint and paint the ramp black.

Hmm... :rolleyes: . . . Grasped the hairy man by the bald end again eh? . . . If you read my post you will note that I make no reference to specific dimensions, rakes or angles. How can you "lengthen", "indecrease" or "keep" any spec when it is not spec'd? :huh2:

As to paint colours . . . there is no mention in the original post that the "mate" is anything other than his original colour . . . which is . . . IMHO . . . highly unlikely to be RED.

Hmm... :rolleyes: . . . Grasped the hairy man by the bald end again eh? . . . If you read my post you will note that I make no reference to specific dimensions, rakes or angles. How can you "lengthen", "indecrease" or "keep" any spec when it is not spec'd? :huh2:

As to paint colours . . . there is no mention in the original post that the "mate" is anything other than his original colour . . . which is . . . IMHO . . . highly unlikely to be RED.

If the ramp is red and left in the sun to fade to pink can it be restored? You also need to spec the ramp width. Is a wider ramp for poseurs? Will it work with the earlier wheels?

wots dis awful noize.

you are disturbing me in my den, im drinkin, grooving and sleeping till spring (simultaneously).

havent seen the sun since octobre (true).

on another note, I quite like the friendly bickering, the unfriendly t e c h n i c a l bickering is another story. it kinda wore me out.

From what I'm reading. It appears this is the same bunch that started the "Global Warming" Conspiracy...

Nor me, In fact its friggin cold 'n' wet where I am, could do with some global warming so I could get the bike out :P

OK you guys and gals - want some controversy? :o

New Jersey (that's in the US of A) is spending its valuable legislative time not solving the state's financial crisis and highest taxes in the US of A but is spending it on legalizing gay marriage! :huh::huh:

In the meantime it looks like Tiger is banging anything that poses as a COCKtail waitress. :D:D

Yahoo!! :lol::lol:

Is that what happened to #497? Pity.

If only Tech Topics could solve The Time Problem: then Scura 497 would have a chance of making it back to the light of day.