Tidy Tail/Fender Eliminator

ponti_33609

Help! I fell on my head as a child & can't visualize anything! Mount it already & let me see, let me see!

Hey Skeeve

here's one to test yer bonce

try visualising one of those dinky wee tail tidy jobbies

with one of our regulation sized number plates attached.

Got it????

3869269468_de480dfbc6.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a dry climate only modification!

You will understand why those ugly and stupid looking things are draped over the rear tire when you ride in the rain or travel over wet surfaces. I trimmed mine to where it is flush with the bottom of the license plate. I wish it were back on there

You will understand why those ugly and stupid looking things are draped over the rear tire when you ride in the rain or travel over wet surfaces. I trimmed mine to where it is flush with the bottom of the license plate. I wish it were back on there

Yeah. Silver lining in every cloud.

I ride in the rain whenever it rains (all to often I'm afraid) and I have removed that big ugly fender. I have no problem with it, but then I usually use a rain suit in the rain (or I get wet).

I don't see the issue.

It's obvious you've never ridden on Ky. roads? ^_^ If you ride on anything less than pavement you will accumulate lots ofsand,silt and little rocks thrown up on the back of you and your bike.

It's obvious you've never ridden on Ky. roads? If you ride on anything less than pavement you will accumulate lots ofsand,silt and little rocks thrown up on the back of you and your bike.

For sure, :blush: I do not ride as many do here in the types of weather you encounter. Although we get showers nearly daily during some times of the year, they are short and usually predictable. I have never taken a paper-towel full of dirt of the big mud-flap the 3 years I have owned her so for my use this application is a nice aesthetic upgrade.

Bob

for my use this application is a nice aesthetic upgrade.

Absolutely. I took the stock plastic stuff off the back of my V.11, but I'm still left with the monster number plate. I'm just so envious of you guys who have much neater plates.

.... you will accumulate lots ofsand,silt and little rocks thrown up on the back of you and your bike.

That's it. And the sand gets between the seat and your rain suit and ruins preferably the seat of course. Or between the luggage and the seatcover. That's my finding. It's not that we have the smallest plates on earth, btw. Anyway, the original look is also hard to bear, too hard I say.

1000001m.jpg

Hubert

• 4 weeks later...

That's it. And the sand gets between the seat and your rain suit and ruins preferably the seat of course. Or between the luggage and the seatcover. That's my finding. It's not that we have the smallest plates on earth, btw. Anyway, the original look is also hard to bear, too hard I say.

1000001m.jpg

Hubert

Mein Gott

Your speedo is fogged from new!! Even in Scotland mine lasted at least 50 km.

Mein Gott

Your speedo is fogged from new!! Even in Scotland mine lasted at least 50 km.

Consider the possibility he made a 100 000 kms. On the other hand, it has probably been fogged all the time :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone that wants to keep the original tail light (and save a little money) I have finally reproduced the fender eliminator on my bike. It tucks in close to the seat and retains the original frame and plastic shield to the underseat. I have never had a probem in the rain - the plate deflects it well enough, maybe because of the angle?

Details can be found here:

http://www.v11lemans...showtopic=15490

Thanks,

Joe

For anyone that wants to keep the original tail light (and save a little money) I have finally reproduced the fender eliminator on my bike. It tucks in close to the seat and retains the original frame and plastic shield to the underseat. I have never had a probem in the rain - the plate deflects it well enough, maybe because of the angle?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

I think when this was offered over at Wildguzzi.com, there were folks that didn't go for the one displayed here because they wanted to retain the original light! Yours looks great and good luck!

Bob

• 2 months later...

Thanks,

Joe

Thank you for the overwhelming response to my fender eliminator! The first batch is sold out already. But I will get another batch made soon (in Guzzi time). anigrin.gif Joe

• 3 months later...

To all owners that still need to do something with the fender: He`s taking new orders for the next batch and it`s on his list for things to do soon!

We need to show JoeV11 that we are many that want his eliminator! I hope it is not only me? Help me convince him to make some more.

I like one please!

To all owners that still need to do something with the fender: He`s taking new orders for the next batch and it`s on his list for things to do soon!

We need to show JoeV11 that we are many that want his eliminator! I hope it is not only me? Help me convince him to make some more.

I like one please!

Sent him an email; I want one as well! :thumbsup: