V11 Land speed record?

savagehenry

I was just wondering.....

Does anyone have a officially recorded high speed run on some version of "our bike". Has anyone here done Bonneville or a similar event on a Lemans or Sport? I've googled, and have found nothing so far. A buddy of mine ran his "British Mutt" on the Salt Flats last year, for his first time ( LSR 1180, I made some parts for his bike :sun: ) and I can not get the idea of going with him this year out of my head. I've read here that the 140 top on our speedo GPS's at about 135+/-

P.S. Yeah, we're pickin' "low hanging fruit", but putting his ass in the book this year, if luck, AND an attention to detail prevail, is not COMPLETELY out of the question...... :notworthy::mg::wub:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maxed my 1100i sport out at the red at 230kph... which is what the book says it will do, never maxed the v11 tho, do ya want me to? ;)

Once again a stock bike will only do what the book says, to gain more you would need to ulter the gearing and that aint so easy on a sharftie.

I guess you could start with bigger tire for a small increase in potential top speed, but it might be easier to alter the red line then the gearing. ECU programming software like TuneBoy or Direct Link, lighter valves, lighter rods, etc. But then it is not stock.

FWIW mine won't pull red line in top gear without a tail wind or down slope, but I am pretty sure those that are getting better than 80 RWHP might be able to.

Mine revved out at just over 140 mph on the dyno so in the right conditions in theory you could achieve that on the road.

Fastest I have seen on the road on my V11 is an indicated 140 mph uphill on a motorway in the Netherlands. GPS showed 129mph.

I saw 131 on my GPS, but it was a long, flat road in the middle of the Nevada desert, and took a while. The fuel cut-off kicks in right there (or did for me) so I'm not sure how much more you vould get out of it.

I did 160, oh wait that was on the Aprilia, most I've seen on the guzzi is about 110 but I also have the sport and the wind is too killer for anything above a ton, it was almost too easy on the RSV I could imagine with bigger displacement and HP it could hit 200, which for me is NO THANKS

:o

Lou wants to know if Triumph do retro fit rockets for her Bonny so that she can keep up when on the forum meet in September :D

There will be me on my V11 but also Linz on her ER6 so she need not worry, The weekend is about enjoying the company & riding some top roads, all different abilities so no pressure.

From what I saw of Lou on the restricted monster she will do fine, the girls got balls!

I'm really looking forwards to it & cant wait to see everybody again!

Hxx

FWIW mine won't pull red line in top gear without a tail wind or down slope
Interesting, do you have a fairing on your bike?

Im thinking a LeMans would do a beter speed than a bikini faird bike and that inturn should be faster than a nakid?

My bike can peg the speedo if I'm going on a downhill slope. On a level surface it will get right around the 140 mark. When you think about it thats pretty damn fast for a 500lb 80 hp bike.
so whats 140 mile in kilo meters? and ya right about the weight to power ratio too.

FWIW mine won't pull red line in top gear without a tail wind or down slope, but I am pretty sure those that are getting better than 80 RWHP might be able to.
My bike can peg the speedo if I'm going on a downhill slope. On a level surface it will get right around the 140 mark. When you think about it thats pretty damn fast for a 500lb 80 hp bike.

Mine has hit the 140 MPH stop pin, starts it bouncing, and keeps pulling. I would just love to pin it to the throttle stop and see where it ends, without the public at large, and my drivers license, being placed in a extremely dangerous and precarious situation.

After getting 50 candles on your birthday cake, you won't care about how fast you go on or in anything.

I seem to be going backwards. I'm definately "tightly drafting" 50, but my bikes get better handling and faster as I do not!!!