New Handlebars

biesel

Guest IanJ

What convenient timing -- my Two Brothers Racing clamp just developed a crack, and I'm on the lookout for any solution that doesn't involve giving TBR any more money. (When I called them with this problem, they were not at all helpful, basically giving me the "shit happens, buy new ones" line.) These DÄS bars look really nice.

My journal entry with pictures of the crack

Hi,

I've been cooresponding with them for a week or two. They don't take Credot Cards so I am learning how to do a wire transfer. (we're having trouble matching up the numbers to make my bank happy.)

The total for the bars including shipping in Euros is EUR 374.65 (that's shipping to California)

Frank

• 3 months later...
Hi,

I've been cooresponding with them for a week or two.  They don't take Credot Cards so I am learning how to do a wire transfer.  (we're having trouble matching up the numbers to make my bank happy.)

The total for the bars including shipping in Euros is EUR 374.65 (that's shipping to California)

Frank

25563[/snapback]

Over $400 for bars? Ouch! Not saying they aren't beautiful & elegant, but ouch! For that kind of money, you can adapt regular bars & get longer lines. Wouldn't look as swank, tho'... :unsure:

....Thanks for that...

I was thinking the same....

Jeez! They are nice but, I think they are taking the mick there! :huh:

Pleased I am not the only cheapskate though! :D

When I bought a new bike back in 1998....

I wanted lower bars to replace the cowhorns on my Hinckley Triumph.

I baulked at £110+ for bars, brake lines & mirrors.

'Well, you can have the bars & mirrors for £55.'

'Oh... no thank you!' says I...or words to that effect! ;)

I ended up with a new set of high quality Meriden Triumph UK spec Bonnie bars for £18. New mirrors & brake lines not required! It looks a lot nicer than the Hinckley standard stuff.

Result! :thumbsup:

Nige. :bike:

• 3 months later...

Has anybody tried these new bars? are they worth buying them or there are others solutions that fit inside the V11 Le Mans Fairing? apart from the two brothers racing? I have seen many on the internt, but I don't know which are the best.

The Verlicchi or Convertibars do not look very nice, according to me, the clip-on risers from Mph or Sun also.

Sergio.

The picture is quite exaustively showing how the motorbike look like after the changes and the improvement in the riding position, thanks a lot, it is really helpful to have an idea of how it looks like, however, might it be that the "two rothers racing" risers can "rise" the position even more?

These german ones are actually really not too bad, at the moment there are so many solutions available on the market that I really do not know what to chose.

Sergio.