How to turn your V11 into a G&B Sport Monza

Admin Jaap

You really think I would choose such an obvious paint scheme? I think it's ugly. I like the green/red but not on the Sport Monza.

I received these pics from Brian Saturno yesterday, afte I told him I was looking for an underseat exhaust option. Don't know whose bike it is.

While I quite like the fluorescent green/red frame combo from the 2001 Sport nekkid, I find it's overkill with all that plastic on the Monza: a definite case of a little going a long way... ;)

I was wondering what the result were w/ that spiffy exhaust: obviously, it requires some rejetting since it has no x-over, so that will have some f/x in addition to the different back pressure from the RCMs on the ends of those long & fairly straight headers. Verrry interesting... :thumbsup:

I've made a special galler album for the Sport Monza:

No you haven't... :whistle: Please guide us to the link, Jaap. TIA.

And the bike looks gorgeous! Love the upswept exhaust pipes. Saw a Ducati 750SS at he Ducati Museum in Bologna with a similiar setup. Crikey! Find the pics later.... Well, took me two seconds so here they are:

My link and here: My link

C'mon, Jaap! Show us the beast!

Søren

No you haven't... :whistle: Please guide us to the link, Jaap. TIA.

And the bike looks gorgeous! Love the upswept exhaust pipes. Saw a Ducati 750SS at he Ducati Museum in Bologna with a similiar setup. Crikey! Find the pics later.... Well, took me two seconds so here they are:

My link and here: My link

C'mon, Jaap! Show us the beast!

Søren

Yes I did! :grin:

Link to gallery

:blush: Wrong settings... fixed now.

Today I picked up the wheels and pork chops at the powder coater. :P: I'll upload some pics when the tyres are back on.

My plan is to put the wave rotors from my 1200 sport on the G&B and the normal round ones from the V11 on the 1200 sport.

In this thread you will be able to follow the continuing story of the Moneypit.

Jaap - Love what you did and whether it is a moneypit is probably up to debate. A good, used, V11 in the states can be had for under $4,500. Adding a kit like this brings the bike to what a new bike would cost but you can't get anything else like this for what this would come to IMHO. Very unique ideed!

Unique indeed, but when does it stop being a Moto Guzzi and merely a Moto Guzzi engined special?

While I do find the overall G.B. design attractive I still can't buy into the whole conversion deal. I love the V11 because it is a V11; once you use the G.B. kit it ceases to be a Moto Guzzi and merely a Guzzi engined special.

This is only my opinion and I would not wish to denigrate anyone elses choice, but it just seems to be the end of a V11,which, of cause makes me sad, because I love the V11 in all it,s guises,

Ultimately, of course,it's down to individual taste.

My comments (controversial as they may be) are probably due to the consumption of a bottle of South African Chenin Blanc.

It's probable best to do as my wife does: just ignore me 'til I'am sober.

Andy Roo.

I can tell you why I'm going the G&B way. After I bought the 1200 Sport, I basically had two the same style bikes. Of course I only rode the new 1200. The V11 was in the garage for over a year... Because I still liked the bike and already put (too) much money in it I didn't want to sell it. So I decided to convert it into a cafe racer / track bike using the G&B kit.

If it turns out the way I planned it, I have two completely different bikes!

And now I will ignore you :grin:

I can tell you why I'm going the G&B way. After I bought the 1200 Sport, I basically had two the same style bikes. Of course I only rode the new 1200. The V11 was in the garage for over a year... Because I still liked the bike and already put (too) much money in it I didn't want to sell it. So I decided to convert it into a cafe racer / track bike using the G&B kit.

If it turns out the way I planned it, I have two completely different bikes!

And now I will ignore you :grin:

Wise move,

Hope to meet you in N.Ireland.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to do this conversion for a while now. I spoke to Brian a while back (from G&B) and got some pricing. I am still on the fence somewhat. Converting it to Sport Monza will cost me the price of a new bike and that not counting the bike itself. I am sure I can offset some costs by selling my bodywork but I am still in the limbo. I do my V11 a lot and especially after I converted Ballabio into Lemans.

I got bunch of pics from Brian as well and I don't like underseat exhausts or Quad Exhausts. I personally think they are ugly. I would keep my beatufil carbon M4 pipes at the stock locations.

I also think that stock mounted pipes hide a huge gap that becomes too visible under the rear cowling.

Jaap, are you also getting a new digital speedo? Also any idea on how high can you bring up your clip-ons? Is there any possibility to have some bar risers installed?

I wanted to do this conversion for a while now. I spoke to Brian a while back (from G&B) and got some pricing. I am still on the fence somewhat. Converting it to Sport Monza will cost me the price of a new bike and that not counting the bike itself. I am sure I can offset some costs by selling my bodywork but I am still in the limbo. I do my V11 a lot and especially after I converted Ballabio into Lemans.

I got bunch of pics from Brian as well and I don't like underseat exhausts or Quad Exhausts. I personally think they are ugly. I would keep my beatufil carbon M4 pipes at the stock locations.

I also think that stock mounted pipes hide a huge gap that becomes too visible under the rear cowling.

Jaap, are you also getting a new digital speedo? Also any idea on how high can you bring up your clip-ons? Is there any possibility to have some bar risers installed?

After some consideration, I'm sticking with my Guzzi Ti pipes. I have ordered the speedo. Also quite expensive, but the OEM dash just doesn't go with the modern looks of the kit! And it's so cool to have a lap timer. (where's the poser smilie?) I haven't installed the clipons yet, but from what I can see, they have to be mounted under the triple tee. Don't think risers will work. Oh, what maybe important to you: Forget long distances! The tank is very small. I guestimate about 7 to 8 liters...

My fears for coating the rims was ungrounded. They are looking good.

Do I see on the pics you have mounted the rear shock upsidedown? Is there a reason to?

I'll bet you're having a nice WE puzzling this all together!