I NEED THIS BIKE!

RHIP

Just got this pic of the latest from Rosso Puro. I love my V11, and think they are mechanically far advanced over the Tonti-framed models, but this one (except for the "whale penis taillight") is just perfect. Guzzi, junk the girly V7 and make this bike!!!moto-guzzi-cafe-racer.jpg

The so called 'Whale Penis Taillight' is a Crocker inspired taillight. Had one on my Harley FLH 1967 waaaay back.

Love the bike (the Guzzi that is) and as Guzzirider says it should be pretty much straight forward if you have a Tonti frame and lots of spares.

Best regards

Søren

• 3 weeks later...

The so called 'Whale Penis Taillight' is a Crocker inspired taillight. Had one on my Harley FLH 1967 waaaay back.

Love the bike (the Guzzi that is) and as Guzzirider says it should be pretty much straight forward if you have a Tonti frame and lots of spares.

Best regards

Søren

Crocker taillight :thumbsup: They needed something to take away from that hideous license plate.... :homer:

Which models utilize the Tonti frame?

I seem to recall someone converting a... Jackal was it? California?

Lovely effort.

Let's see: Tontis would be any big block after Ambos and Eldos (loops) until the spines (Daytona, Sport 1100/1100 Sport, Centauro and V11s) including all the T variants and all the EV variants even those now being produced (California Vintage).

Quotas, Breva variants (including Stelvio), Grisos, and Norges are all different animals.

Anything with a generator is a "loop frame", after that was the "Tonti", then came the "spine frame". To my knowledge the V11 is an example of the "spine frame".

Any one else want to help on this?

Just got this pic of the latest from Rosso Puro. I love my V11, and think they are mechanically far advanced over the Tonti-framed models, but this one (except for the "whale penis taillight") is just perfect. Guzzi, junk the girly V7 and make this bike!!!moto-guzzi-cafe-racer.jpg

You do have to build this one yourself, I just saw a convert mill and frame on ebay for $400. All you need is another $5000.00, 600-700 hours for pondering and assembly after maybe 2-3 years of avid ebaying. Oh and a double garage stocked with sufficient wine is necessary for the space (in both senses) associated for the absolute yard sale that results from bike dissection and assembly. My brother had a convert mill with a manual transmission stuffed into a Tonti frame. There must be differences in the steering head angle of the Tonti frames as that bike turned in far quicker than any of the current EV variants or I suspect the stock Convert. I think that Tonti was from mid 70's. Bitsa bike :race:

Monkey Man, you got it right - except I don't think I'd screw around with a convert - there are plenty of 850T's out there at reasonable prices. If a guy could find a decent runner, you could have a damn nice bike with some new paint, bars, and pipes - only $2,000 and maybe 100 hours of work (after you have the bike). I've got enough time and energy into keeping 3 going right now, so this remains a dream ( I still need fulfilled),

Having Moto Guzzi is like having ALFA Romeo! Those fellows say it stands for "Always Looking For Another!":mg:

(Of course, I have BMW: Belongs to My Wife) B)

Let's see: Tontis would be any big block after Ambos and Eldos (loops) until the spines (Daytona, Sport 1100/1100 Sport, Centauro and V11s) including all the T variants and all the EV variants even those now being produced (California Vintage).

Quotas, Breva variants (including Stelvio), Grisos, and Norges are all different animals.

Loop: V700-Eldo

Tonti: V7 Sport-CalVin

Spine: Sport 1100-V11 Sport/LeMans/Ballabio

Quota

Brava 1100: B11/B12/N12

Griso: G11/G12

Stelvio

Older Tonti bikes turn in quicker because they have a substantially shorter wheelbase.

Older Tonti bikes turn in quicker because they have a substantially shorter wheelbase.

Where's Ratchehack when we need him. He could have given a twelve page dissertation on how the addition of a steering damper to the Tonti bikes could have solved all the worlds problems - except global warming - which doesn't exist!

Loop: V700-Eldo

Tonti: V7 Sport-CalVin

Spine: Sport 1100-V11 Sport/LeMans/Ballabio

Quota

Brava 1100: B11/B12/N12

Griso: G11/G12

Stelvio

Greg, that should be:

Loop: V700 - Eldo

Tonti: V7S - CalVin

Spine: Daytona 1000 - V11 Sport (& variants)

Dual spine: Quota, Breva, Griso, Stelvio, Norge.

Ultimately, the Breva et al are derivatives of the dual-spine frame Dr. John did up for the Quota, just done up w/ the twin spars made part of the visual design instead of buried under the tank & side covers.