No posts about start of Moto GP 2010?

Nostalgia,it's not like it used to be,fella.

Casey down

just like the old days.

Rossi storming the front

just like...

Though how come Nicky Haden is in 3rd? Not like him.

In NL MotoGP is not available on the regurlar TV channels anymore. <_ the tv rights have been sold to an obscure channel that hardly anybody can see...>

Hopefully there is coverage on BBC1 or BBC2?

Jaap, it will normally be on BBC 2.

The night-time race from Qatar has just now been shown live on BBC 3, probably because there is golf(!) on BBC 2.

There is a repeat at midnight (UK time) on BBC 2.

It was a good enough race with a storming finish. Stoner's crash gave it to Rossi. Hayden lost out on a podium just at the very, very end, by a whisker. Honda going stronger than Ducati.

I was watching the rerun at midnight, but didn't see it all. Around the time that Stoner fell off (second time around) the house shook.

Car bomb, timed, no doubt, to coincide with devolution of policing powers, transferred at midnight from London to NI Assembly.

Memories of the old days indeed.

Jaap,do you get eurosport?It might be available on their site?

Eurosport doesn't show MGP, unfortunetely, but we do get Supersport and Superbike races. Leon Haslam did good yesterday in Valencia!

Søren

Enjoyed the race.

Stoner is very fast, but often looks like he's right on the edge, while Rossi only goes there when he needs to. Thought Stoner had learned that...but dunno if it was that that brought him off - looked to me like he was trying to lay down a marker, seems he lets others affect his riding too much.

Spies looks great, like a spider, when he learns which way to go, he's going to be very fast I reckon.

Would have been good to seen Hayden on the podium, but looks like he's getting the hang of the Ducati at least. Hondas are missiles in straight line - Hayden had to get last corner drive perfect - & didn't look like he did to me, Dovizioso just got better drive.

Watching Honda & Yamaha into corners, Yamaha seemed far more planted, Honda looks hard to ride in the twisties.

Slavomir, I don't get to see WSB but bottom line is MotoGP is best riders on fastest bikes - ask Ben Spies. I thought it was a pretty good, exciting race to watch, seemed to be over v quick, I was shouting at the telly a couple of times, strong overtakes, great braking duels - it's always good to see someone, overtaken by a faster bike on the straight, getting it back on the brakes...

Sorry to hear you're still getting car bombs going off there BFG, thought it'd all settled down. Hope you & yours all good.

Welcome back Big J.

KB :sun:

I have taken a MotoGP video subscription, for about 90 €uros a year, so I can get my MotoGP fix as soon as Free Practice session on friday. Image quality is good, stream is fluent most of the time and it gives you access to lots of interviews and such. One of the nice goodies is an elaborate live timing window, with access to multiple datas straight off the Dorna tranducers aboard the bikes: it's rather fascinationg to be able to decipher laps timings when they occur. As an example, one could see how absolutely rocketing Casey Stoner was in practice. Rossi would often be rather fast, and sometimes even an inch faster, than Stoner in sector 1 and 2 but Casey would pack in close to 0,5 second in the latest sector alone, lap after lap.

So, it was extremely disapointing to see him going down while actually trying to take it easier than usual. Or else Casey would have won this race by 2007 types of time differences. We will never know, but going like he was going, he could have won it by more than 10 seconds.

Rossi ? Business as usual. So was Lorenzo who seems to only wake up at half distance. Dovi did well too.

Great to see Nicky Hayden finally battling along. It's a shame he was pipped off the podium, but that's racing.

Spies ? A podium is a sure thing for him this year. If not more.

The competition will be fierce this year for sure, but i stand reassured the Ducati GP10 is well bred.

I wish the BBC whould stop pissing around with the channel this is shown on, sometimes 1 or 2 or 3 or the red button it's a right piss off why bother buying it if you cant get a regular spot to show it on. Anyway Vale still great but that lorenzo boy is quick but can he stay on it all season. Rossi has got to them all now and in the past the master of mind games. ow can you be slowest and still win, it's his race tatics that are stunning.

ps sorry to hear about the bomb belfast saw it was holywood on the telly, so MI5 are just up the road from you