Recommendation for HUGE tank bag?

Guzzirider

Now that the cafe racer is finished I want to use it, and need to buy a very large tank bag that can be fitted to a non-magnetic base.

Been doing a bit of googling but whatever I find seems to be short and tall, rather than long and tall.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or recommendations? Looking for about 40litre capacity and be able to make the most of the room on my huge tank.

Cheers

Guy

The one I got from Moto Guareschi is pretty big.

I think it came as a matching set with the Teknic saddlebags, but I could be wrong.

If your Italian is any good, you can try calling Moto Guareschi :)

Sorry I can't be more informative, but the tank bag is in Italy, so I can't look at it.

Here's a picture of it:

Tusc0420040.jpg

• Like 1

Now that the cafe racer is finished I want to use it, and need to buy a very large tank bag that can be fitted to a non-magnetic base.

Been doing a bit of googling but whatever I find seems to be short and tall, rather than long and tall.

The catch is, that for most of the last 30 years, makers have been focused on shortening the wheelbases of their machines for handling, which has led to shorter tanks, which in turn has led to shorter bags. Since most bags are short lengthwise, the quoted volumes of storage generally emphasize "going taller," with the resulting decrease in utility that entails once a certain height is reached [which varies by rider height & personal preference.]

Best I can suggest is to go online & search for the biggest tank bags you can & check their listed dimensions: most product descriptions will have length x width x height, I should think... Once you've narrowed your search to a few contenders, check reviews & pull the trigger.

Good luck! [thumbsup]

zagato_moto_guzzi.jpg

This wonderful picture came to mind (not that it helps you). It always makes me smile. The Zagato is my reference cafe racer, I doubt anyone will ever end up with a cooler bike.

I would love a pic when he drives it with this bag though :lol:

• Like 1

I have this one (Bags Connection from Germany):

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2130/451/

It expands and has two side pockets. Very well made and good looking. Comes with shoulder strap too. The best part is that it is extremely convenient to attach and remove in a second with no residue on the bike other than the ring on top of the gas cap.

• 2 years later...
I have this one (Bags Connection from Germany):

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2130/451/

It expands and has two side pockets. Very well made and good looking. Comes with shoulder strap too. The best part is that it is extremely convenient to attach and remove in a second with no residue on the bike other than the ring on top of the gas cap.

I know this is an old thread... but will the EVO ring work with the tank pad on the Tenni?

• 3 weeks later...

I've used my tail bag as a tank bag. Works perfect. I have a Nelson Rigg CL-1040tp. 30 liters of space and you can still steer.

Nelson Rigg Al's makes a Cl-1035 that is nice.

• 1 month later...

I have a Tekno bag that was apparently designed for the V11.  With my modified (raised, swept back and closer set up) adjustable Tommaselli clip ons I can't use it, it's so big.  Not a fantastic bag, the strap mounts allow it to slide around and it is not a grippy (or removable) base but I'm sure that you could find one somewhere on your side of the pond and maybe just add some grippy stuff to the bottom.

I have pictures if you want to flip me an email steve at dale-johnson dot ca