07 california vintage

Bogwopit

I've an ,07 Cali. Vintage. and was wondering if it would go in the older than or newer than V11 section- obviously manufactured more recently than the V11 but production started before the V11.

Any 'helpful' thoughts on the subject?

Andy.

In my book, it belongs in the newer section, although it's also older, sort-of.

It's debatable.

I'd say it depends on how you want to define it. It's a Tonti frame, therefore older. But the model was produced after the end of the V11 line, therefore newer.

I'd say go with newer.

Or just divide by zero.

I've an ,07 Cali. Vintage. and was wondering if it would go in the older than or newer than V11 section- obviously manufactured more recently than the V11 but production started before the V11.

Any 'helpful' thoughts on the subject?

Andy.

Motor is newer than the V11, go with newer.

Yes, it's a Tonti, so you could put in the older section as well.

Motor & electrical questions post to newer; driveline & handling Q's posted to older?

Coin toss?

I guess it all depends on how you're feeling that day... ;)

Motor is newer than the V11, go with newer.

Yes, it's a Tonti, so you could put in the older section as well.

Motor & electrical questions post to newer; driveline & handling Q's posted to older?

Coin toss?

I guess it all depends on how you're feeling that day... ;)

It's a lot more complicated than I first thought.

Perhaps I should now deny having one and not make any posts about it.

The five speed gearbox is older, but it's also newer as it uses five dog engagement. So those posts go to... Special place for banter and other silly remarks?

Oh, this is classic! Like we think we've got all this Guzzi figured out. I love the Cali Vintage. I tried to convince my wife we should trade our Volvo on one.

I'm pretty sure she'll let me move back into the house before long.:rolleyes:

"V11" is the motor, no? So, all things "motor" are V11. I wonder that the electrical system is also of the "V11" era (five relays, FI, and an AGM battery?). Yet the frame and gearbox are "old." Lovely, desirable and interesting, but "older' than the spine frames with their six speeds. Suspensions may differ but brakes are very similar. (but are the Cali's linked?)

Looks like a guy with a Cali/V will have to be all over the forums. And the rest of us may have some learning to do . . .:mg:

Actually, I'd say: put it on Wildguzzi.com

:whistle:

:oldgit:

shame on you, Belfast; and I bet you've never tried one.

Actually it's a lovely bike to ride.You just relax and cruise about feeling superior to every other bike you come across, especially H.D.Tractors.

I'll let you have a go when we meet up at the end of the month.You can experiance life in the slow lane.

Andy.

• 2 months later...

The Cali Vintage has twin plug heads, EFI same as V11s and a crankcase that looks like would fit in a Ballagio frame. No "old models" match that. Also early V11 like the Sport 1100 have 5 speed gearboxes. The Tonti frame is the tall version not the old low version. Put it in the Newer section please. Its no wild Guzzi really but a nice ride when the clip-ons and rear-sets need cleaning.