BFG? Are you Doso owners really thick or something?

Wow, What got into the Aprilia techies that day?

Anyhows, we may be thick when it comes to the mysteries of lever spacing, but at least we know to keep our feet up in the air when going around corners, unlike some.

:notworthy: "New boots, Mr Roper sir?"

:nerd: "Yes please, Jeeves. Best get me six pairs while you're at it."

....:notworthy: "New boots, Mr Roper sir?"

:nerd: "Yes please, Jeeves. Best get me six pairs while you're at it."

Is there a story here that we need to be told? KB

I believe there is – and it'd very much like to know it.

All that I have gathered, from the occasional exclamations of an excited PRoper, is that it happens: Down There.

Not having full possession of the facts and photographs, I don't know if it belongs in the Crazy! Advanced! or in the Warning! Retarded! section of the Australiana Superbike School: Cornering Techniques in an Upside Down World, chapter.

In some parts of the world (England) gentlemen take their bicycle around a corner with only a hint of simmering rubber as the tyre gentle wears through a coating of outer layer dust. In other places (The Western Canyons of The Far States), chaps in chaps espouse the school of Do It On Your Knees as they sweep The Twisties with plastic and titanium protuberances: sliders, they say. In other places, let's choose France, the Left Bank, it's elbows de rigueur, as leather, suede and sometimes corduroy patches flap and smear the coin de route.

The ways of the outback and the kangaroo have produced another distinct vernacular. Giant (can there be any other explanation?) boots are the stabiliser of choice in the Australiana School. Whether they stay hooked on pegs, their gargantuan dimensions extending forwards and outwards to slather the road with crusty leather, hobnails and sock (do the Australianians wear socks?) when the bicycle falls from vertical as it nudges the apex – or whether legs and feet are spread akimbo to provide At Least Three Points Of Contact when faced with A Bend in the road ---- I can't say.