MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!

savagehenry

I just found out a pair of my best friends just broke a Bonneville Land Speed Record! Tim built it in his home garage, and my long time bud, Cuda, has done countless hours on it, too. It started as several 60-70's BSA C- and B- motors, and a pieced together pile of swap meet parts and crap laying in the way in the two car garage/shop. I've machined and fabbed parts, helped with assembly a bit, and lent material aid in the form of beers, food, and cash towards the effort.

They have campaigned it for two years, with this last weekend being the big payoff.

The new record in the 250 cc pushrod, modified, naturally aspirated gasoline class is:

94.196 mph.

They just got home. Today, we PARTY!!!

Tomorrow, we start the preparation to GO FASTER next year...

Tried to post a pic, but being really analog, I'm not able to do that properly, sorry.

Well done. It's great that "Man" has a wonderful ability to set a gaol, aim for it, acheive it, glory in it and just

know with a warm smile of contentment that the world is now a better place for having done so... :thumbsup:

...several 60-70's BSA C- and B- motors......

:wacko: !!!

CONGRATULATIONS - That's F***** Brilliant - well done. It's great to see effort pay off. Try & get a picture up somehow?

Good luck with it for next year!

KB

That does it! I'm going to sleeve down the jugs on my V11, slap in a couple of Stornello pistons, and go for that record!

96 MPH on a 250 BSA is very impressive. I'm surprised somebody with an old Harley Sprint can't get in that speed range - they used to road race those..but then the Aermachi probably wouldn't hold together long enough for a valid time.