Ducati attacks every niche the way it should (they have a very well defined target and a bike to copy) and add in the Ducati flavour.

It worked for the Multistrada (BMW GS), it works now for the Diavel (V-Max) and it will work like crazy when they'll unleash the Ducati scooter that will just kill the upper side of that market...

There's no way I would sell my Aprilia scooter in favor of a Ducati, Honda, or any other non-Piaggio brand. Unfortunately, Ducati knows marketing and Piaggio has their collective head up their arse. So the exposure will be much better (assuming Ducati really is coming out with a scooter) in the marketplace. Still, I don't see scooter enthusiasts jumping a Ducati scooter over Aprilia, Vespa, etc.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But on the topic of the Diavel, I think it's a really cool bike. I know a V-Rod owner who is seriously considering it, if he can ever arrange a test ride. For people who want a cruiser that can actually corner and doesn't weigh 900 pounds, the Diavel a very good alternative.

But on the topic of the Diavel, I think it's a really cool bike. I know a V-Rod owner who is seriously considering it, if he can ever arrange a test ride. For people who want a cruiser that can actually corner and doesn't weigh 900 pounds, the Diavel a very good alternative.

the service upkeep and special parts would be ghastly expensive, but if he's coming from a harley he won't even notice a difference really. :whistle:

Still, I don't see scooter enthusiasts jumping a Ducati scooter over Aprilia, Vespa, etc.

Well, no trail bikes enthusiasts did the new Multistrada bike coming either and that bike is a major, major success. It has eaten up sales from BMW, who could imagine that would happen one day ? Same is happening with the Diavel.

That scooter is more than likely, imho of course, Ducati has a captive audience with financial means, they'll just drop a red bomb there and eat up the higher end of the niche, no sweat.