what do you think of this purchase?

DeBenGuzzi

I picked her up today, so far it might need a new battery, was already wired for a trickle charger but I could tell they had a full on charger hooked up to it before I got there it was sitting next to it, besides a new battery(maybe) just needs some new billet or stock reservoir covers some roll-a-click levers of some type for better feel and adjustability, new grips and bar ends for looks and because they just look old, possibly heated but I don't want to tax the electrical system much if at all so heated gloves might be the answer to that. Haven't decided on any of it maybe the rizoma grips but that are too trick looking for an old sport tourer probably just some progrip gel replacements and manic salamander bar ends plus CRG or their clones, have any of you noticed pazzo's are MORE expensive now? those knock offs think they got a name for themselves now WTF? Oh the mechanic said it wouldn't hurt to get a new slave for a much easier clutch pull and I agree so I'll be looking into that plus maybe a new solid black windscreen, anyone have good places to start me searches besides ebay? oh I'll be on ebay also but thats an obvious one.

I wish I could give more of a ride report I really liked the corbin so far, clutch is different that dry clutch feels like it isn't going to grab then bam it does, rides smooth, guy put brand new dunlop qualifiers on the thing before he traded it in on a multistrada, those won't last long. It has more power than the guzzi but less than the aprilia fits perfectly in the middle and the luggage is nice, need a spare key made for the panniers but they cut an extra ignition key for me right on the spot.

Just keep it hooked up to the trickle charger. The batteries on these things is embarrassingly small.

K good to know and will do always,

THANK GOD I made it home on it yesterday we're currently getting a foot of heavy thick snow and some ice today, so happy everything worked out how it did. I'll do my best at a ride write up when its nice again.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked her up today, so far it might need a new battery, was already wired for a trickle charger but I could tell they had a full on charger hooked up to it before I got there it was sitting next to it, besides a new battery(maybe) just needs some new billet or stock reservoir covers some roll-a-click levers of some type for better feel and adjustability, new grips and bar ends for looks and because they just look old, possibly heated but I don't want to tax the electrical system much if at all so heated gloves might be the answer to that. Haven't decided on any of it maybe the rizoma grips but that are too trick looking for an old sport tourer probably just some progrip gel replacements and manic salamander bar ends plus CRG or their clones, have any of you noticed pazzo's are MORE expensive now? those knock offs think they got a name for themselves now WTF? Oh the mechanic said it wouldn't hurt to get a new slave for a much easier clutch pull and I agree so I'll be looking into that plus maybe a new solid black windscreen, anyone have good places to start me searches besides ebay? oh I'll be on ebay also but thats an obvious one.

I wish I could give more of a ride report I really liked the corbin so far, clutch is different that dry clutch feels like it isn't going to grab then bam it does, rides smooth, guy put brand new dunlop qualifiers on the thing before he traded it in on a multistrada, those won't last long. It has more power than the guzzi but less than the aprilia fits perfectly in the middle and the luggage is nice, need a spare key made for the panniers but they cut an extra ignition key for me right on the spot.

Just keep it hooked up to the trickle charger. The batteries on these things is embarrassingly small.

K good to know and will do always,

THANK GOD I made it home on it yesterday we're currently getting a foot of heavy thick snow and some ice today, so happy everything worked out how it did. I'll do my best at a ride write up when its nice again.

Damn! It was sunny and about 70 degrees in Ohio today. You keep that foot of snow up there where it belongs!

Oh the mechanic said it wouldn't hurt to get a new slave for a much easier clutch pull and I agree so I'll be looking into that plus maybe a new solid black windscreen, anyone have good places to start me searches besides ebay? oh I'll be on ebay also but thats an obvious one.

You could try V2 in Malaga Western Australia although it sounds like brooke henry has left there's also this link which might help

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199038&page=2

Oh the mechanic said it wouldn't hurt to get a new slave for a much easier clutch pull and I agree so I'll be looking into that plus maybe a new solid black windscreen, anyone have good places to start me searches besides ebay? oh I'll be on ebay also but thats an obvious one.

You could try V2 in Malaga Western Australia although it sounds like brooke henry has left there's also this link which might help

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199038&page=2

I have the aprilia one already it wouldn't be just insane that it would be the same would it? that would be insane, I might have to take a look but I HIGHLY doubt it, I'll be in search of one and some decent levers and reservior caps oh and a nice big CF tank protector, no rush I'll just cruise ebay and the web till spring unless someone knows of choice places to pick things up from

Argh, I can tell I'm already not going to get a long with a lot of the ducatistas, *facepalm* can I just ask you guys for help? should have got that breva I was looking at, *sigh* I think I'll just get as many of the accessories as I can get my hands on and continue to avoid the ducati forums like I have been for years. Problem is they don't agree on ANYTHING over there, lengthy debates on the sergeant vs Corbin vs stock as which is best and its either love or hate for all 3(not to say we don't do that here but it seems different less annoying somehow), then into wind screen options I have no idea handful swear by one and say they get no buffeting but then some others say they have the same and get crazy buffeting now either someone is lying about their height or somehow the same bikes are setup very differently, or hell maybe they always have cross wind or slouch and the others are straight up as a pole, I tell you I don't like the vibe over there though its like going into hot topic at the mall I don't belong in there.

well how many different damn clutch cover and pressure plates do you fricken need, some of them spend more time on color coordinating their bikes then riding them regardless of model, I won't lie I like bling but I like to ride more than that.

What really irked me was I said I don't get why I have to take the dash apart and the mirrors off to get at the battery thats in the side fairing, and every bike I've owned had it under the seat, I swear I could hear the one guy scoff as he posted it would throw off the COG, ... COG? like having it off to one side is way better and its the size of a ham sammich.

LOL.

Welcome to the internet, I guess.

Yeah, Ducatisti can take themselves kind of serious.

Question 99% of what you read...there or here or anywhere.

One thing everyone agrees on- getting all that stupid plastic off is a serious PIA.

I don't even pretend to understand the battery placement. That was put in by a demented-asylum-engineer-escapee. When I get home to St. Louis, I'm going to start looking for a new place to put a bigger battery. I might not be successful, but I'll try, COG be damned.

I'll keep you posted Ben.

J

PS- the Sargent seat is really comfy. I can't say about any other.

LOL.

Welcome to the internet, I guess.

Yeah, Ducatisti can take themselves kind of serious.

Question 99% of what you read...there or here or anywhere.

One thing everyone agrees on- getting all that stupid plastic off is a serious PIA.

I don't even pretend to understand the battery placement. That was put in by a demented-asylum-engineer-escapee. When I get home to St. Louis, I'm going to start looking for a new place to put a bigger battery. I might not be successful, but I'll try, COG be damned.

I'll keep you posted Ben.

J

PS- the Sargent seat is really comfy. I can't say about any other.

SO far I love the cayon close corbin it has on it, appears to already be broken in a bit for me which is nice as I had a corbin on my V11 sport for about a week and said ENOUGH, if you seriously find a nice place for the battery, document your work and I'll do my best to copy it, hell even the battery connections are shite and should be replaced if they haven't. Mine does have a fancy volt meter added right to the dash which is nice

i missed the start of this thread, why did you sell your guzzi? i'm new to guzzi's after lusting after one for 30 or so years.

i'm thinking of selling my '83 BMW R100RS that i've had 20 or so years. i know i'll regret it.....it is uninspiring to ride compared to my new to me '02 lemans. BUT....if i actually had to go somewhere, i'd take the beemer, these /7s are bulletproof. and comfortable for long rides, with about 50mpg. having said this, i have a sea kayak i use couple times a month, 3 road bicycles i ride about 3000 mi a year, an old VW i need to rebuild the engine in(again), full time job, a high maintainance 115 yr old house,a guy just has so much time, no?

do you guys in minneapolis get to ride much in the winter? here in sw washington state it rains pretty much from now thru june, but not much snow & ice, although i took a pretty bad header on the bicycle on ice last winter.

my lemans looks a lot like fotoguzzi's, & i love it.....

good luck on your M/C hunt.

stef

ps, didn't pirsig & the sutherland's start their ride i "zen and the art of motorcycle maintainance" in minneapolis? loved the book.

Don't sell the RS. I've got a '77 that I've had for 25 years, and until I had to U-haul it back from Wisconsin, I thought it was bulletproof too. Still if you sell it you'll regret it. Wait until you get 3 bikes - there's always one that works, but always two that need maintenance. Yeah, Pirsig was from Minnesota. I met his dad and had his brother in court. I often can ride 12 months out of the year, but in December and January, you have to be lucky.

Good luck with the Ducati. It's a lot of bike for what you paid, but your best plan (which I know you are not going to follow) is leave it alone and just ride it. I had a Monster before the Rosso, and it was a nice, pretty bike, but for all the hype it had half the soul of my Guzzi. The Ducati forums are pathetic; the Monster forum spent 90% of their space bragging or arguing about a frickin' aftermarket clutch cover - worse posers than a lot of Harley guys.

i missed the start of this thread, why did you sell your guzzi?

Good luck with the Ducati. It's a lot of bike for what you paid, but your best plan (which I know you are not going to follow) is leave it alone and just ride it. I had a Monster before the Rosso, and it was a nice, pretty bike, but for all the hype it had half the soul of my Guzzi. The Ducati forums are pathetic; the Monster forum spent 90% of their space bragging or arguing about a frickin' aftermarket clutch cover - worse posers than a lot of Harley guys.

I regret selling my guzzi but I had her for 7 years and completely transformed her I felt I needed to focus on a single bike and pay off my debt as much as I could, then I had the accident and went to no bikes :(

I will also take your advice the stuff I want isn't sooo much bling as comfort I want to get adjustable levers throttle meiser heavy barends with cruise control new squishier gel grips a keyless gas cap because its kind of a PITA to take the key out with gloves on not to mention the cap is a bit stiff on the turn and I never understood why it needs to be locked anyway, also a new screen as this stock one has a piece broken off the corner and a last but not least a new clutch slave to save my damn hand when riding it the pull is quite a bit more than the aprilia or even the guzzi and that is it. I plan to fund most of that by selling most of the stuff I have left over from my aprilia and slowly getting it off ebay over the winter, After that achomplished I might try the quiet clutch mod but not a fancy pressure plate or vented cover that servers no purpose and proceed to ride the wheels off.

I also highly agree on the forums which is a smallish part why I got the aprilia over the 1098 when I was shopping back in 07 and had money.

well how many different damn clutch cover and pressure plates do you fricken need, some of them spend more time on color coordinating their bikes then riding them regardless of model, I won't lie I like bling but I like to ride more than that.

What really irked me was I said I don't get why I have to take the dash apart and the mirrors off to get at the battery thats in the side fairing, and every bike I've owned had it under the seat, I swear I could hear the one guy scoff as he posted it would throw off the COG, ... COG? like having it off to one side is way better and its the size of a ham sammich.

I know some really clever, helpful people who love Ducatis. They have NOTHING to do with the selection of chinless wonders, cabbage-fondlers, tofu-eaters, dentists, closet gender-benders, onanists, used typewriter salesmen, oxygen thieves and micro-masochists who make up the majority of todays Ducati owning classes! Your ST2 only set you back 3 grand. I suggest you rattle-can it black and apply, really badly, several 'Deaths Head' type stickers to the fairing and hang a set of 'Truck-Nuts' off the back and then go to the next 'Ducati Concorse' or whatever they call their little 'Show and Tell' sessions. It won't really knock much off its value as it is pretty much at its 'Lowline' now but it would be worth it to have the fun of watching all the tryhards heads explode :grin:

Pete