stands

rossi46

I have the same problem with my Teo Lammers centerstand--nothing to grab to help lift the heavy rear end on to the stand. The design of the V-11 precludes mounting the centerstand where it needs to be at the balance point near the center of the wheelbase. I fastened a piece of nylon web on the left passenger peg bracket which I can grab when trying to get the bike on the stand. I welded a footpad on to the stand to help put my (meager) weight on it to help it roll under the bike. But on a level surface it takes three pre-heaves and a hernia-inducing heft to get it up. Useful in an emergency for tire repair on the road, but for general use, not much help. PS I weigh 122 lb in my workout clothes. I may try to put curved feet on the Lammers stand to help it roll under the bike. Also, the return spring on the Lammers stand is a very poor fit, interfering with the frame and exhaust collector. All in all, a very poorly thought-out design. My V-7 Sport stand has curved feet and it is very easy to get on to the stand. But, it was designed with a centerstand so the stand is properly positioned on the frame.

Moto Pierre

Hi

the Becker stand although quite clever does not look like it has any leverage points to help you get it onto the stand. I have fitted a centre stand to my V11, but before I fitted Hepco and Becker luggage to it and gained a few rails as grab points, it was nearly impossible to use. There are no really solid grab points von the rear of a V11, they are all shrouded by brittle plastic. It is very difficult to use now as the balance points which are in the same pivot area as the Becker stand are too far back so you are effectively trying to lift 100 kilos onto the stand.

The Guzzi stand is better as it comes with a long lever which makes flicking it onto the stand far easier, definitely a one man job. Last time I bought one was in 2001 and it was £60. If you know a friendly welder it would be easy to reproduce.I'm not sure you could buy one now that the bike has been out of production for 4+ years.

It comes with a bar to but under the front of the sump to put the front wheel up too.

Good luck

Guzz

I've made my own stand after being horrifyed at cost to get to New Zealand

I used 25 x 25 square steel and 25 x 25 steel angle.

Stand works best if you use a piece of 4 x 2 under side stand so bike stands up straighter when you are putting it on stand.

I've attached photos.

I've got a drawing but cant load it as size is to big.

The measuremenst of stand are 320 height and 370mm wide with arm being 1140 long.

Suggest you built a timber version to get angle of arm correct

DSC01759.JPG

DSC01761.JPG

I've made my own stand after being horrifyed at cost to get to New Zealand

I used 25 x 25 square steel and 25 x 25 steel angle.

Stand works best if you use a piece of 4 x 2 under side stand so bike stands up straighter when you are putting it on stand.
I've attached photos.

I've got a drawing but cant load it as size is to big.

The measuremenst of stand are 320 height and 370mm wide with arm being 1140 long.

Suggest you built a timber version to get angle of arm correct

I have found that, indeed, it helps to get the bike upright when putting it on a stand. I use wood under the side stand, as well as a motorcycle tie-down strap from the left handlebar to something substantial, a work bench in my case. I have had my wife try to hold the bike erect while placing the stand, it was just too frightening.